Jessica J. Williams Schnelker
Jessica Williams Schnelker practices in Product Liability Litigation and Tort and Insurance Defense. Jessica has represented clients in product liability matters in a variety of industry sectors, and currently litigates across the country on a team of attorneys who serve as national counsel for a major construction and agricultural equipment manufacturer. Jessica’s trial experience includes successfully defending a local government entity in an eight-day federal jury trial in the Northern District of Indiana and obtaining a defense verdict on behalf of a product manufacturer in the Western District of Michigan.
Jessica graduated from the University of Notre Dame Law School in 2013. While in law school, Jessica was the Executive Note Editor for the Journal of Legislation. Serving on Notre Dame Law School’s Honor Council for two years, Jessica became Honor Council Chair from 2012-2013. In addition, Jessica coached the Notre Dame Parliamentary Debate Team, and had the honor of working as Research Assistant for Professor Avishalom Tor. Jessica graduated from Purdue University in 2010 with degrees in Psychology and Political Science.
Highlights & Recognitions
- Indiana Super Lawyers® Rising Stars 2017
Memberships & Affiliations
- Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana (DTCI), Product Liability Committee, Chair (2016-2017), Vice Chair (2015), Publications Chair (2014), Women in Law Committee Member (2017)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI), Young Lawyers Committee, Juvenile Products Committee
- Indianapolis Bar Association
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- Notre Dame Lawyer Committee (Notre Dame Club of Indianapolis), Chair (2016-2017), Vice Chair (2015)
- Kids' Voice of Indiana, Guardian Ad Litem
Non-FBT Publications and Events
"Cars of the Future: Product Liability Implications and Solutions", Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana Annual Civil Litigation Review, 2015
"Looking Forward for Clarity: The Medicare Secondary Payer Act and Future Medical Expenses in Liability Litigation", Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana 20th Annual Conference and Meeting, 2013