Grant S. Cowan
Grant is a member of the Business Litigation Practice Group. He has a broad litigation practice which includes the prosecution and defense of contract disputes, business torts and unfair competition claims. Grant also frequently represents companies and their directors and officers in securities claims and derivative actions. Grant is a former President of the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Chapter of the Federal Bar Association and has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America® for Commercial Litigation each year since 2007.
Grant has successfully tried a number of cases before juries, judges, and arbitrators in Ohio, Kentucky and a number of other states around the country. Very recent examples include the following:
- Obtained defense verdict in multi-week jury trial between two large manufacturing companies involving claims of alleged misappropriation of trade secrets and tortious interference with business relations.
- Successfully prosecuted multi-million dollar breach of contract claims in arbitration involving large supply agreement.
- Obtained dismissal of $75 million dollar claim for alleged breach of guaranty agreement; decision affirmed on appeal to the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Obtained defense verdict in trial between competing companies in tortious interference with contract action.
- Successfully defended physician in arbitration proceeding against claims of securities fraud in connection with investments in medical insurance company.
Highlights & Recognitions
- Selected for inclusion in Ohio Super Lawyers®, 2007-2017
- The Best Lawyers in America®, 2007-2017
- AV® Rated, Martindale-Hubbell®
Memberships & Affiliations
- The Florida Bar
- Ohio State Bar Association
Recent Blog Posts
- Deepwater Horizon Class Action Saga Continues as Fifth Circuit Affirms District Court's Certification of One Class and Denial of Another
- For Whom the Bell Tolls: District Court Continues Trend in the Sixth Circuit of Applying the Forfeiture Rule Exception to the Tolling Doctrine of American Pipe.
- In re Nexium Antitrust Litigation Holds that Class May Include de Minimis Number of Uninjured Members
- National Labor Relations Board Continues to Reject Class Waivers Despite Contrary Circuit Court Decisions
- Supreme Court to Address Removal Requirements in Class Action Context
- Will the United States Supreme Court Revisit Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. v. Dukes?
- Avoiding the Creation of a Fail Safe Class--Art, Not Science
- 29 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers and 17 Recognized by Ohio Rising Stars for 2017
- 168 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2017
- 33 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers® and 11 Recognized by Ohio Rising Stars® for 2016
- 175 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2016
- 37 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers® for 2015
- 42 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers®
- 172 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2014 Best Lawyers®
- 43 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers® and 17 Recognized by Ohio Rising Stars® for 2013
- 167 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2013 Best Lawyers®
- 44 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers® and 15 Recognized by Ohio Rising Stars® for 2012
- 150 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in Best Lawyers® 2012 Edition
- 41 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers® and 14 Recognized by Ohio Rising Stars® for 2011
- 145 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in Best Lawyers® 2011 Edition
- Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Receive Recognition in 2010 Super Lawyers® Corporate Counsel Edition
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- Federal Bar Association, Past President, Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Chapter
- Cincinnati Nature Center, Board of Trustees, former Chair
- Leadership Cincinnati Class XXII, Graduate
- Babies' Milk Fund Children and Prenatal Clinics, Former President Board of Trustees, 1996-1999