Susan C. Lonowski
Susan is a member in the Louisville office of Frost Brown Todd's labor and employment department. Susan has significant experience defending employers in federal and state courts in litigation involving Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family Medical Leave Act, wrongful discharge, breach of employment contracts, defamation, and enforcement of non-competition and non-solicitation agreements. She frequently lectures on these and other employment-related issues. Susan also has significant experience defending employers before local, state and federal administrative agencies, and she routinely counsels employers regarding human resources matters and compliance with state and federal employment laws. She also concentrates in the area of ERISA litigation.
Prior to joining Frost Brown Todd, Susan was a law clerk for the Honorable Joseph H. McKinley, Jr. of the United States District Court for the Western District of Kentucky, Owensboro Division. She is admitted to practice in Kentucky. She is also admitted to practice in the Sixth and Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals, the United States District Court of the Eastern and Western Districts of Kentucky and the Southern District of Indiana.
Highlights & Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Litigation - Labor and Employment, 2012-2017
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Louisville Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Section of Litigation
- Employment & Labor Relations Committee, Program Co-Chair
- 168 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2017
- 175 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2016
- 175 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2015
- 172 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2014 Best Lawyers®
- 167 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2013 Best Lawyers®
- 150 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in Best Lawyers® 2012 Edition
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- American Heart Association, Louisville Metro Chapter, Board of Directors (2007-2008)
- The Center for Women & Families, Board of Directors (2006-2009)
- Kentucky Harvest, Board of Directors (2004-2006)
Non-FBT Publications and Events
Panelist: Discovery Scope & Limitations “360”: Key Strategies to Make Discovery Useful and Meaningful to Your Case and How to Tailor and Narrow Broad Requests, Litigating Disability Insurance Claims, American Conference Institute, New York City, January 26, 2012.