Michael A. Rogers
Mike represents clients in all aspects of business litigation, including defending and prosecuting lawsuits on behalf of large and small companies.
Mike currently focuses his practice primarily on representing financial institutions in all aspects of lender liability law. He has litigated National Bank Act preemption of state consumer protection statutes, has defended loan-servicing class actions, and has litigated the applicability of the Federal Arbitration Act to consumer disputes. Mike has representative experience with the federal statutes that affect lenders, including the Federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the Fair Credit Billing Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Truth in Lending Act, and the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act. Mike also represents financial institutions in litigated matters in bankruptcy court, including discharge injunction claims, automatic stay claims, and issues involving reaffirmation agreements.
Mike also currently represents contractors, home builders, and sureties in construction disputes.
Highlights & Recognitions
- Indiana Super Lawyers® Rising Stars 2014
Memberships & Affiliations
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana
Recent Blog Posts
- Indiana Supreme Court finds that General Contractor’s CGL Policy may Cover Damages to the Project Itself Caused by a Subcontractor’s Faulty Work
- A New Indiana House Bill...
- Construction of Indiana's Ronald Reagan Parkway Pushed Forward by Federal Grant Money
- Indiana Supreme Court Rules That Insurers Are Not Obligated to Pay Any Defense Costs Incurred By the Insured Prior to Giving the Insurer Notice of the Claim
- Assumption of a Duty to Provide a Safe Workplace in Indiana