Susan S. Wettle
Susan represents clients in national, regional and local litigation involving products liability, with a concentration in serial tort, mass disaster, and drug and medical device litigation.
Susan has defended manufacturers of a wide variety of products, including hand tools, propane torches, playground equipment, car seats, construction products, drugs, medical devices, and consumer products. She has been involved in the following notable matters:
- Defense of multinational explosives and chemicals producer in civil litigation arising from the terrorist attack on the Oklahoma City federal building. Lena R. Gaines - Tabb v. Imperial Chemicals Industries, Inc., et al. United States District Court, Western District of Oklahoma. All claims were dismissed by the U.S. District Court and the dismissal was affirmed by the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Special counsel for paint manufacturer in national lead paint litigation pending in multiple state and federal jurisdictions.
- National Coordinating Counsel in the defense of a distributor of spinal fixation devices. In re Orthopedic Bone Screw Products Liability Litigation, MDL-1014, United States District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
- National Coordinating Counsel in the defense of a polyurethane manufacturer in the nationwide Breast Implant Litigation. In re Silicone Gel Breast Implant litigation, MDL-926, United States District Court, Northern District of Alabama. After extensive discovery, the MDL Court granted summary judgment on all claims.
- Defense of product manufacturer in litigation arising out of Station Nightclub fire in West Warwick, Rhode Island. Gray v. Derderian, et al., United States District Court, District of Rhode Island.
Highlights & Recognitions
- Selected for inclusion in Kentucky Super Lawyers® 2007-2008, 2013-2014, 2016
- AV® Rated, Martindale-Hubbell®
Memberships & Affiliations
- Defense Research Institute
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Louisville Bar Association