Jason C. Williams
Jason is a member at Frost Brown Todd LLC concentrating his practice in corporate law with an emphasis in franchise law and mergers and acquisitions of public and private companies. Jason serves as the leader of Frost Brown Todd’s Franchise and Distribution service team. He has substantial experience in the organization and representation of purchasing cooperatives for national restaurant chains. Jason was part of the team that represented the first multi-concept franchise purchasing cooperative and organized the first casual dining purchasing cooperative. Jason has negotiated regional and national supply and distribution arrangements and national carbonated beverage agreements on behalf of clients. He also has substantial experience in the refranchise, divestiture and acquisition of franchise outlets. Jason often works with clients in the development and registration of franchise documents and the navigation of state franchise relationship laws. In addition, Jason has represented franchisee associations in connection with general formation and operational matters including, the preparation of articles of incorporation and bylaws, franchise system advertising and marketing policies, and franchise dispute resolution.
Jason was selected as a member of the 2015 Class of Fellows of the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (“LCLD”). LCLD is a national organization made up of the general counsels and managing partners of leading corporations and laws firms, working towards the goal of a more open, diverse and inclusive generation of legal professions. Jason was recognized as a 2013-2014 Rising Star by Super Lawyers. Jason was named a Top Lawyer in Louisville Magazine’s March 2014 Issue and has previously been recognized by Business First of Louisville as a member of the Top Forty Under 40 class of 2012.
Jason graduated from the University of Kentucky College of Law in 2003 and Yale University in 2000 where he majored in economics and was a four-year letterman of the varsity basketball team.
- Design, organization and representation of centralized purchasing entities for national restaurant chains.
- Drafting and negotiation of supply, distribution, non-disclosure, software purchase and other agreements for an assortment of products and services.
- Mergers, acquisitions and divestitures of public and private corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies and other entities.
- Advising clients concerning entity formation, corporate restructuring and stock and asset purchase arrangements.
- Representation of various governing entities and boards of directors concerning corporate governance, fiduciary duties and general business advice and planning.
- Representation of franchisee associations in connection with general formation and operational matters including the preparation of articles of incorporation and bylaws, franchise systems advertising and marketing policies, and franchise dispute resolution.
Highlights & Recognitions
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, Fellow, 2015
- Kentucky Super Lawyers®
- Recognized by Business First of Louisville as Member of the Top Forty Under 40 Class of 2012
- Recipient of the 2011 University of Kentucky College of Law Alumni Young Professional Award
- Who’s Who in Black Louisville
- Jason C. Williams joins program advancing the next generation of leaders in law
- 52 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized by Kentucky Super Lawyers® and 21 Recognized by Kentucky Rising Stars® for 2014
- Jason C. Williams Named in 2012 Top Forty Under 40
- Jason C. Williams receives Young Professional Alumni Award
- Frost Brown Todd Receives 2011 Pillar Award for Community Service
- Eight New Members Named to Frost Brown Todd
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- Yale University Alumni Schools Committee, Member and Certified Local Interviewer
- Whitney M. YOUNG Scholars Program, Alumni/Mentor
- Louisville Central Magnet Career Academy, Mentor