Jason C. Williams
Jason is a member at Frost Brown Todd LLC concentrating his practice in corporate law with an emphasis in franchise law and mergers and acquisitions of public and private companies. He has substantial experience in the organization and representation of purchasing cooperatives for national restaurant chains. Jason serves as the head of Frost Brown Todd’s Franchise and Distribution service team and is a member of the Firm’s recruiting committee which is responsible for the identification, evaluation and hiring of entry level associates. Through his active involvement in the Firm’s mentor program, Jason was named one of Frost Brown Todd’s mentors of the year in 2010.
Outside of Frost Brown Todd, Jason remains active in the community by serving as a mentor/liaison for the Whitney M. YOUNG Scholars program through the Lincoln Foundation which targets economically disadvantaged youth in the Kentuckiana area, exposing them to educational opportunities such as ACT/SAT preparation classes. As a volunteer mentor at Louisville Central High School’s Law and Government Magnet Program Jason regularly speaks to Central students concerning both college and law school. Annually, Jason serves as a presenter on the alumni panel for the University of Kentucky College of law Diverse Student Day to aid the University in its efforts to recruit minority candidates. Jason is the 2011 recipient of the University of Kentucky College of Law Alumni Young Professional Award. Jason has also been recognized by Business First of Louisville as a member of the Top Forty Under 40 class of 2012.
Jason graduated from the University of Kentucky College of Law in 2003 and Yale University in 2000 where he majored in economics.
- Substantial experience in the design, organization and representation of centralized purchasing entities for national restaurant chains.
- Compose and negotiate supply, distribution, non-disclosure, software purchase and other agreements for an assortment of products and services.
- Material experience in mergers, acquisitions and divestitures of public and private corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies and other entities.
- Advise clients concerning entity formation, corporate restructuring and stock and asset purchase arrangements.
- Representation of various governing entities and boards of directors concerning corporate governance, fiduciary duties and general business advice and planning.
- Representation of numerous financial institutions concerning mergers, acquisitions and general regulatory matters as well as pay-day lending, deferred deposit transactions and electronic submission of dishonored checks.
Highlights & Recognitions
- Kentucky Super Lawyers® 2013-2014
- Recognized by Business First of Louisville, Member of the Top Forty Under 40 Class of 2012
- Recipient of the 2011 University of Kentucky College of Law Alumni Young Professional Award
- Recipient of the 2010 Frost Brown Todd’s Mentor of the Year Award
- Recognized in Who’s Who in Black Louisville, 2008-2010
- Awarded Louisville Bar Association’s 2007 Section of the Year as Vice-Chair of the Young Lawyers Section.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Louisville Bar Association, Member
- Louisville Black Lawyers Association, Member
- Kentucky Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association Forum on Franchising, Member
- Jason C. Williams joins program advancing the next generation of leaders in law
- 52 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized by Kentucky Super Lawyers® and 21 Recognized by Kentucky Rising Stars® for 2014
- Jason C. Williams Named in 2012 Top Forty Under 40
- Jason C. Williams receives Young Professional Alumni Award
- Frost Brown Todd Receives 2011 Pillar Award for Community Service
- Eight New Members Named to Frost Brown Todd
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- Yale University Alumni Schools Committee, Member and Certified Local Interviewer
- Whitney M. YOUNG Scholars Program, Alumni/Mentor
- Louisville Central Magnet Career Academy, Mentor