William C. Gullett
Bill is a member of Frost Brown Todd LLC. His experience includes the formation of business entities; the acquisition and divestiture of operating industrial, energy and financial businesses, including asset and stock purchases; commercial transactions involving purchases and sales of goods, computer software and hardware, industrial equipment and steam and metallurgical coal; commercial finance and secured transactions, including commercial lending, equipment leasing, and asset-based lending; real estate transactions ranging from the more sophisticated to small-owner acquisition, financings and dispositions, including commercial leases; telecommunications and cable television law; and business contracts involving matters such as the construction of office buildings, manufacturing facilities and other improvements, transportation of goods, the conversion, grinding and finishing of steel, the fabrication of steel products, the operation of industrial and mining facilities, and employment and consulting agreements.
In addition to the services outlined above, he has negotiated and drafted agreements relating to the export and sale of U.S. goods or products, particularly steam and metallurgical coal, licensing of technology, and the rendering of gas drilling services. He has also assisted in the formation of international joint ventures and stock companies.
Bill has represented industrial Fortune 500 companies and closely held corporations in such varied industries including oil, gas and coal; transportation; banking finance and leasing services; energy cogeneration; steel, equipment and aircraft brake manufacturing; equipment distribution; construction; and telecommunications and wireless services. Prior to joining Frost Brown Todd, he served as in-house counsel for Ashland Oil, Inc. (now Ashland Inc.), Ashland Coal, Inc. and The LTV Corporation. Bill continues to represent and actively works with businesses of all sizes.
Highlights & Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America©, Corporate Law, 2013-2018
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar
- 161 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2018
- 168 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2017
- 175 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2016
- 175 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2015
- 172 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2014 Best Lawyers®
- 167 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2013 Best Lawyers®
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce, Chairman’s Board of Advisors, 2003 - present
- Tennessee Historical Society, 2001 - present
- University of the Cumberlands, Alumni Board, Board of Trustees, 2003 - present
- First Baptist Church, Hendersonville, Tennessee