Jason M. Bergeron
Jason works diligently with companies and individuals to find the most effective solutions to business disputes both before and after litigation arises. He practices in the firm’s bankruptcy and restructuring practice group where he represents lenders, trustees, unsecured creditors and debtors in commercial workouts and bankruptcies. Jason works on a wide range of bankruptcy litigation issues including preference and fraudulent conveyance actions, cash collateral and stay relief matters.
Jason also maintains a commercial litigation practice that includes first and second chair trial experience, representing clients in a variety of state and federal court and administrative licensing proceedings. His experience includes business sale disputes, securities fraud litigation, non-compete and trade secret disputes, corporate director and officer liability claims, insurance coverage disputes, state licensing appeals and defense of public boards of education in IDEA and special education litigation.
Jason’s recent work experience includes:
- Lead counsel for purchaser of business in breach of sale agreement action, culminating in favorable mediation result.
- Representation of investor client in a series of complex cases involving fiduciary duty and fraud claims against a co-investor.
- Representation of investor client in pursuit of creditor claims throughout a complex series of interrelated Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 bankruptcies in multiple jurisdictions.
- Representation of large corporate client in dispute with former employee regarding enforcement of non-compete covenants.
- Representation of public board of education in complex special education tuition reimbursement litigation in federal court.
Before joining the firm, Jason gained extensive courtroom experience at a law firm in Nashville and as an Assistant Metropolitan Attorney, where he maintained a state and federal court practice defending governmental entities and private companies in civil rights, employment discrimination and contract disputes. Jason has also advised dozens of public boards of education clients on a daily basis regarding a myriad of governance and compliance issues.
Jason has been recognized as a 2012 Mid-South Super Lawyers Rising Star. He is active with the Vanderbilt Alumni Association and is an avid supporter of Vanderbilt athletics. Jason also currently serves as the Vice-President for the Board of Directors of Historic Nashville.
Highlights & Recognitions
- Selected for inclusion in Mid-South Super Lawyers Rising Stars®, 2012, 2013
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- Historic Nashville, Board member
- Vanderbilt National Commodore Club Young Alumni Board, Board member