Jason D. Tonne
Jason is the Service Team Leader for Frost Brown Todd's Entrepreneurial and Privately Held Business Team and he is also a member of the firm’s Mergers and Acquisitions Team. He focuses his practice on corporate transactional work. Aside from regularly handling mergers and acquisitions, Jason serves as outside general counsel to privately held companies of all sizes. He uses his broad legal background to resolve complicated issues in a practical manner.
Jason advises owners, directors, and officers on a variety of matters, including business formations, reorganizations, dissolutions/business divorces, operating reements/shareholder agreements, joint venture agreements, commercial leases, asset protection, executive compensation, and various contract and licensing issues. He also has substantial experience in business litigation and negotiations. With a solid track record of meeting and exceeding client expectations, Jason solves his clients' problems in an efficient manner and provides high quality legal advice.
Substantial experience in business start-ups.
Serves as outside counsel to numerous privately held companies of all sizes.
Served as lead counsel in numerous mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, and business divorces.
Successfully resolved countless business disputes through negotiation, mediation, or litigation.
Highlights & Recognitions
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars® 2007, 2009, 2011-2015
- "Rising Star" Attorney Award, Law and Politics Ohio 2007-2013
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- Member of Association for Corporate Growth and Member of the 2015 GLLC Executive Committee
- Entrepreneurs' Organization Cincinnati Sponsor Representative
- Member of Western Economic Council
- American Bar Association Middle Market and Small Business, Committee Member
- Hamilton County Elderly Services Program Advisory Council
- Llanfair Retirement Community Board of Advisors
- Northern Kentucky Chamber of Commerce, Small Business Development, Committee Member
- Greater Cincinnati Sigma Chi Fraternity Alumni Chapter, Former Secretary & Board Member
- Committee to Re-elect Judge Bernat, Treasurer
- Colerain Township Board of Zoning Appeals, former Chairman and Board Member
- St. Xavier High School Mock Trial Team, former Coach and Legal Advisor
Non-FBT Publications and Events
Presenter, "Negotiating an Asset Purchase Agreement," Cincinnati Bar Association CLE Seminar, May 7, 2014.
Presenter, "LLC or Inc.? Entity Selection for a Small to Medium Sized Business," National Business Institute CLE Seminar, November 6, 2013.
Presenter, "LLCs: From Formation to Special Uses," National Business Institute CLE Seminar, November 14, 2012.
Presenter, "The Basics of Forming a Small Business," Cincinnati Bar Association CLE Seminar, September 12, 2011.