Jason D. Tonne
Jason practices in the areas of corporate law, real estate, and community association law. He uses his broad legal background to resolve complicated issues in a practical manner. In his corporate practice, Jason advises owners, directors, and officers of businesses on entity selection, business formation, operating agreements/shareholder agreements, sales, acquisitions and dispositions, asset protection, buy-sells and various contract and licensing issues. In his real estate practice, he advises landlords, developers, property management companies, financial institutions, homeowner associations, investors, mortgage brokers, and real estate agents on a variety of issues including, but not limited to joint venture agreements, closings, acquisitions and sales, contracts, zoning issues, liens, leases, and commercial evictions. Jason also has significant experience in litigation and dispute resolution.
Substantial experience in business start-ups and has formed approximately 100 companies during career.
Serves as outside counsel to numerous small to mid-sized businesses.
Served as lead counsel in numerous acquisitions, asset purchases, dispositions, and business divorces.
Successfully resolved countless business disputes through negotiation, mediation, or litigation.
Highlights & Recognitions
- Ohio Super Lawyers® 2007, 2009, 2011-2014
- "Rising Star" Attorney Award, Law and Politics Ohio 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013.
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- Cincinnati Bar Association Young Lawyers Section, Executive Board Member
- YLS CBA Continuing Legal Education Committee Chairman
- Hamilton County Elderly Services Program Advisory Council
- Llanfair Retirement Community Board of Advisors
- Northern Kentucky Chamber of Commerce, Small Business Development Committee Member
- Greater Cincinnati Sigma Chi Fraternity Alumni Chapter, Secretary & Board Member
- Committee to Re-elect Judge Bernat, Treasurer
- Colerain Township Board of Zoning Appeals, former Chairman and Board Member
- St. Xavier High School Mock Trial Team, former Coach and Legal Advisor
- Colerain Township Republican Club, Vice-President, Former President
Non-FBT Publications and Events
Presenter, "LLC or Inc.? Entity Selection for a Small to Medium Sized Business," National Business Institute CLE Seminar, November 6, 2013.
Presenter, "LLCs: From Formation to Special Uses," National Business Institute CLE Seminar, November 14, 2012.
Presenter, "The Basics of Forming a Small Business," Cincinnati Bar Association CLE Seminar, September 12, 2011.
"Identity Theft Protection, Red Flag Rules," Community Press, April 15, 2009.
Presenter, "Judicial Foreclosure Procedures," CLE Seminar, Evictions/Ejectments, March 11, 2008.