John R. McCall
As one of Kentucky's most prominent and richly-experienced attorneys, John brings his clients effective and innovative solutions to legal challenges.
As an attorney in our Louisville office, John's practice focuses on creating cutting-edge solutions for his clients in the fields of federal and state utility law, labor and employment, corporate governance and compliance, as well as mergers, acquisitions and litigation. John's knowledge of the Courts and regulatory bodies gives him the ability to assist his clients in a wide variety of matters. John is also experienced in arbitration and mediation.
He has broad experience including service with the U.S. Navy, management responsibility with two law firms, General Counsel experience for a Fortune 500 company, international legal experience, and litigation of major complex commercial cases with substantial jury trial success.
His background consists of leading the international transition team that became culturally and organizationally one business from E.ON, AG, Powergen and LG&E Energy LLC, as well as leading numerous acquisitions, four transforming mergers and a dramatic industry change without adverse consequences for employees, change in management or disruption to operations.
John graduated with his Bachelor of Arts and Juris Doctor from Vanderbilt University.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Citizens for Better Judges (former Chair)
- 30th Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission
- U.S. Magistrate Nominating Committee
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- University of Louisville Board of Overseers
- University of Louisville Charting the Course Capital Campaign Steering Committee
- Cardiovascular Innovation Institute Board and Chair of Development Committee
- Family & Children's Place Chair of Development Committee
- Chair of the Board for Hosparus of Kentucky
- Former Member of Boards of Metro United Way (Chairman)
- Louisville Collegiate School
- The Housing Partnership
- Norton Hospital Foundation
- Kentucky Wood Floors, Inc.
- Family & Children First
- Twenty Investors, President
- Local Homeowners' Association, President