Jessica E. Hill
Jessica is a senior associate in the firm's Nashville office where she focuses in the areas of labor and employment.
In her practice, she represents and advises employers in a wide range of areas, and has investigated and defended lawsuits and administrative charges brought under both federal & state law. In 2014, she spent two months working in-house with a publicly-traded company, addressing the challenges management faces in working with a unionized workforce.
She frequently provides advice and counsel to management in connection with union grievances and arbitrations, focusing much of her time on employers in the heavy manufacturing industry.
Jessica graduated from Northwestern University School of Law in May, 2012 where she was a senior editor on the Northwestern Journal of International Law and Business.
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association
- Lawyers Association for Women, Marion Griffin Chapter
- Tennessee Supreme Court Reverses Decision in Hannan v. Alltel Publishing
- Will Your Handbook Rules Pass the NLRB’s Test?
- Is Telecommuting Reasonable? Before Implementing Anti-Telecommuting Policies, Consider Your Exposure Under the ADA
- Attorney-Client Privilege in the Corporate Context: Can Corporate Officers Waive the Corporation’s Privilege?
Non-FBT Publications and Events
Use of Criminal Background Checks in Hiring: A Catch-22 for Employers?, The Newsletter for Labor & Employment Lawyers (Tenn. Bar Assoc. Labor & Employment Section, Nashville, Tenn.), October 2013
Presenter: Social Media in the Workplace, Ambulatory Surgery Center Association Annual Conference, May 2015