Joseph D. Stewart-Pirone
Joe is an associate in the Tax and Benefits practice group of Frost Brown Todd. He represents and counsels clients who need assistance with general corporate and commercial matters, federal and state tax issues, entity selection and formation, contract drafting and negotiation, and business operations and terminations.
Prior to joining Frost Brown Todd, Joe worked as a Legal Extern in the IRS Office of Chief Counsel during his final year of law school. Before law school, he spent nine years working professionally in diverse capacities in a variety of industries. Most recently, he worked for three years for a mid-size, privately-held company in the transportation and logistics industry as a manager in operations and as an analyst. Before that, he spent two years with a Fortune 100 telecommunications firm, first as a pricing analyst for internet and web products, then as a deployment engineer handling network equipment.
Joe also has several years of experience in accounting positions in various industries with firms ranging in size from two-person start-ups to Fortune 500 companies.
While working toward his Masters degree, Joe taught undergraduate American History for three years at The Ohio State University as a graduate teaching assistant.
Highlights & Recognitions
- Mary Lepper VITA Volunteer Award, Northern Kentucky Volunteer Lawyers
- Graduated first in his law school class, summa cum laude
- Associate Editor, Northern Kentucky Law Review, Chase College of Law
- Member, Moot Court Board, Chase College of Law
- First Place, W. Jack Grosse Moot Court Competition
- Graduate School Leadership Award, The Ohio State University
- Student Association President's Cup Award for Service & Leadership, SUNY Geneseo
- Alumni Association Leadership Award, SUNY Geneseo
- Student Association Leadership Award, SUNY Geneseo
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Ohio Bar Association
- Ohio Women's Bar Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- Fuel Cincinnati, Advisory Board, 2015-present; Vice Chair, 2014; Chair, 2013; Committee Member, 2011-2012
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA), Tax Return Preparer, 2010-2013
Non-FBT Publications and Events
Ohio Commercial Activity Tax, co-author with Jeremy A. Hayden, Checkpoint Catalyst, Thomson Reuters Tax & Accounting, September 2014
Asset Sale or Stock Sale - Which is the Best Option?, co-author Jason D. Tonne, Goering Center for Family and Private Business, Cincinnati Business Courier, June 2013