Katherine A. Klaeren
Katherine is an attorney in Frost Brown Todd's Cincinnati office where she focuses her practice in the areas of business litigation and tort and insurance defense.
Prior to joining the firm, she served as an associate at Bieser, Greer and Landis where she practiced in the areas of general and business litigation, insurance defense, and professional liability defense.
Katherine has served as the lead attorney on several cases involving Ohio Consumer Sales Practices Act, real estate fraud, personal injury, and labor and employment. She also has trial experience in federal and Ohio state court involving issues related to contract disputes, trade secrets, and real estate transactions.
She earned her juris doctor from the University of Cincinnati School of Law in 2009, where she served on two journals: The University of Cincinnati Law Review as an associate member and the Human Rights Quarterly as the senior articles editor.
Highlights & Recognitions
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars®, 2017
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- Carl D. Kessler Inn of Court, 2010-2012
- Cincinnati Bar Association
Recent Blog Posts
- Deepwater Horizon Class Action Saga Continues as Fifth Circuit Affirms District Court's Certification of One Class and Denial of Another
- For Whom the Bell Tolls: District Court Continues Trend in the Sixth Circuit of Applying the Forfeiture Rule Exception to the Tolling Doctrine of American Pipe.
- In re Nexium Antitrust Litigation Holds that Class May Include de Minimis Number of Uninjured Members
- National Labor Relations Board Continues to Reject Class Waivers Despite Contrary Circuit Court Decisions
- Supreme Court to Address Removal Requirements in Class Action Context
- Will the United States Supreme Court Revisit Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. v. Dukes?
- Avoiding the Creation of a Fail Safe Class--Art, Not Science
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- Women Helping Women Advocate
- Dayton Red Cross, Associate Board 2010-2011
Non-FBT Publications and Events
Maldonado v. City of Altus: Moving Toward a More Protective Interpretation of National Origin Discrimination Under Title VII? 77 U. CIN. L. REV. 349 (2008).