Richard M. Hopgood
Richard is a member of the firm, based in the Lexington office. Richard represents clients in a wide variety of commercial transactions with a focus on commercial real estate development. He has represented a diverse group of public and private companies in all areas of retail, office and industrial real estate development. Richard’s experience spans all aspects of commercial real estate development, including site acquisition and ground leasing, build to suit leases, land use, environmental due diligence, joint development and retail, office and industrial leasing.
- Lead counsel for a regional team in representing a Fortune 50 corporation in developing over 50,000,000 square feet of retail and distribution facilities.
- Lead counsel on an appeal in the case of State Street Bank & Trust v. Heck's Inc., which overturned existing precedent and established new decisional law regarding equitable mortgages.
- Lead counsel in a successful two-week eminent domain trial involving the taking of mineral reserves, processing facilities and related commercial real estate.
- Lead counsel in representing a publicly traded home furnishing manufacturer and retailer in a nationwide expansion of its warehousing facilities.
- Lead counsel in representing a leading worldwide producer and distributer of premium branded automotive, commercial and industrial lubricants in a fast track multi-state expansion of facilities.
- Counsel for one of the top construction materials companies in the US in various, asset acquisition, financing and land use transactions.
- Lead counsel for a 2,000 acre mixed use retail, office and residential development.
Highlights & Recognitions
- "AV" Rating in Martindale-Hubbell
- The Best Lawyers in America©, Real Estate Law and Litigation - Real Estate, 1993-2017; Lexington Litigation - Real Estate "Lawyer of the Year," 2016