Adam P. Hall
Adam serves as the chair of Frost Brown Todd's litigation department, and he is the former chair of the firm's business and commercial litigation practice group. He has represented a variety of clients in the manufacturing, construction, financial, energy, insurance, and professional services industries in both state and federal trial and appellate courts as well as in numerous alternative dispute resolution procedures. Adam's practice has focused primarily on business and commercial litigation involving legal areas such as contract law, Article 2 of the Uniform Commercial Code, unfair competition, business torts, fraud, state and federal securities laws, insurance coverage, fiduciary duty, corporate governance, and the federal ERISA and RICO statutes. He has extensive experience defending class action litigation, and he also has defended companies that have experienced serious industrial accidents in the workplace against both negligence and employment intentional tort claims. Adam is the Frost Brown Todd client service team leader for a Fortune 500 manufacturing company, and he has experience in coordinating legal services in the firm's many practice areas to ensure client satisfaction. On four separate occasions, he has been recognized among a small number of lawyers in the United States as a "client service all-star" by BTI Consulting in its annual survey of Fortune 1000 companies.
Defense of companies and their officers and directors in shareholder derivative actions
Defense of employer in dispute between employer and class of employees concerning entitlement to proceeds from demutualization of health insurer resulting in dismissal with prejudice of all claims against employer
Prosecution of insurance coverage actions under property and general commercial liability policies
Defense of employers in employment intentional tort actions involving serious industrial accidents
Highlights & Recognitions
- Selected for inclusion in Ohio Super Lawyers® 2005, 2007, 2010-2017
- BTI Client Service All-Star Team, 2004, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
- The Best Lawyers in America®, 2005-2018
- AV® Rated, Martindale-Hubbell®
Memberships & Affiliations
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
Recent Blog Posts
- Southern District of Ohio Rejects Attempt to Moot Putative Class Action By Using a Rule 68 Offer of Judgment.
- Third Circuit affirms that certified class may include members who are unable to demonstrate any legal injury.
- Northern District of Illinois' Decision Gives Hope to Defendants Facing Class Actions in Unfriendly Venues.
- Second Circuit Joins Circuits Limiting Impact of Individualized Damages Issues on Rule 23(b)(3) Certification After Comcast
- Eastern District of Michigan holds that Rule 68 Offer of Judgment moots proposed class representative's claims.
- Growing Wave of Class Actions Alleging Deceptive Pricing in Outlet Stores Threatens to Engulf Clothing Retailers Nationwide.
- Tenth Circuit denies relevance of Wal-Mart v. Dukes to class-wide sufficiency of evidence determinations
- Halliburton Co. V. Erica P. John, Fund, Inc: Supreme Court Continues Its Trend of Allowing Greater Scrutiny in the Class Certification Stage
- Northern District of West Virginia denies certification to improper "fail-safe" class in wage lawsuit against Dollar General Corporation.
- Impact of Rule 23(c)(4) Issue Certification on Rule 23(b)(3) Classes
- 161 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2018
- Adam Hall Elected New CEO of Frost Brown Todd
- 29 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers and 17 Recognized by Ohio Rising Stars for 2017
- 168 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2017
- 33 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers® and 11 Recognized by Ohio Rising Stars® for 2016
- 175 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2016
- 37 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers® for 2015
- 175 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2015
- 42 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers®
- 172 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2014 Best Lawyers®
- Frost Brown Todd‘s Adam Hall Named 2013 BTI Client Service All-Star
- 43 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers® and 17 Recognized by Ohio Rising Stars® for 2013
- 167 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2013 Best Lawyers®
- Deborah S. Adams and Adam P. Hall Named 2012 BTI Client Service All-Stars
- 44 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers® and 15 Recognized by Ohio Rising Stars® for 2012
- 150 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in Best Lawyers® 2012 Edition
- Three Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Named BTI Client Service All-Stars
- 41 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers® and 14 Recognized by Ohio Rising Stars® for 2011
- 145 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in Best Lawyers® 2011 Edition
- Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Receive Recognition in 2010 Super Lawyers® Corporate Counsel Edition
- Adam P. Hall and Charles E. Schroer Named BTI Client All-Stars
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- Catholic Campaign for Human Development, Committee Member and former Chairperson
- Metropolitan Area Religious Coalition of Cincinnati, Past President