Ashley L. Oliker
Ashley is an experienced trial attorney and managing associate in the Business Litigation Practice Group. Ashley has successfully defended her clients as lead counsel in several trials. She has experience presenting opening statements and closing arguments; direct and cross examination of both fact and expert witnesses; and preparing and defending witnesses for trial.
In addition to her trial work, Ashley has successfully defended multiple clients in the Supreme Court of Ohio and the Tenth District Court of Appeals. Ashley’s appellate experience includes presenting oral argument and drafting appellate briefs.
Ashley also has extensive pre-trial litigation experience. She has taken and defended over fifty depositions of both fact and expert witnesses; prepared numerous successful dispositive and other pre-trial motions; and has significant experience drafting and responding to written discovery.
Ashley currently represents various clients in administrative proceedings, and state and federal courts throughout the State of Ohio.
Prior to joining FBT, Ashley served as an Assistant Attorney General for the State of Ohio. In this role, she represented the State of Ohio and its instrumentalities, including its universities, hospitals, agencies and departments in civil litigation before the Ohio Court of Claims. During her tenure in the Court of Claims Defense Section of the Ohio Attorney General’s Office, Ashley gained extensive litigation experience in all phases of litigation, including pre-trial practice, trial work and appellate practice. As an Assistant Attorney General, Ashley’s primary representation was defending a leading state university in civil actions before the Court of Claims.
Before serving as an Assistant Attorney General, Ashley practiced as a Litigation Associate in the Columbus office of an Am Law 100 firm. In this role, Ashley gained experience litigating cases in various state and federal courts throughout the country.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Columbus Bar Association, Board of Governors
- Columbus Bar Association, Federal Courts Committee Member
- Columbus Bar Association, Common Pleas Court Committee Member
- Columbus Bar Association, Member
- The Better Lawyer, Editor-in-Chief
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member
- Ohio State Bar Association, Litigation Section Member
- Ohio State Bar Association, Legislative Reform Committee Member
- Ohio Women's Bar Association, Member
- Women Lawyers of Franklin County, President
- Women Lawyers of Franklin County, Past President-Elect
- Women Lawyers of Franklin County, Former Secretary
- Women Lawyers of Franklin County, Former Treasurer
- Women Lawyers of Franklin County, Former Networking Chairwoman
- Women Lawyers of Franklin County, Former Law School Liaison
- Young Professionals of Columbus, Member
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- YWCA of Columbus, Chase Gen-Y Leadership Program
- High School and Middle School Mock Trial Coach
Non-FBT Publications and Events
"When 'Cleaning Up' Gets Dirty: The Ethical Implications Surrounding E-Discovery and Social Media", The Ohio State Bar Association Litigation Section Newsletter, Vol. 17, Issue 3, 2013