Bryan S. Strawbridge
As a Member in the Firm’s Business Litigation Practice Group, Bryan's practice focuses on complex commercial litigation in a variety of substantive areas, including contract, business tort, trade secrets, ERISA, and banking, among others. Bryan has jury and bench trial experience, and has arbitrated disputes to final determination. He has been involved with complex business litigation matters for financial institutions, individuals, closely held entities, and publicly traded corporations in Indiana state courts and federal courts throughout the country. In addition to his litigation work, Bryan advises companies and individuals in the development of general business and litigation-avoidance strategies. Bryan also practices in White Collar Crime counseling and represents clients related to criminal allegations, and conducts internal investigations.
Bryan is a graduate of Indiana University Bloomington and received his law degree and Masters of Business Administration from the Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law and Kelley School of Business.
Bryan has been recognized as a Rising Star in Indiana for Business Litigation (2012–2017), and was named by his peers as the Young Lawyer of the Year in Indianapolis (2013). Bryan is also a Distinguished Fellow of the Indianapolis Bar Foundation.
- Obtained a complete defense verdict in nine-day bench trial and recouped all costs, expenses, and damages, including attorneys’ fees, for client related to counter claims for breach of contract and improper land usage while serving as second chair.
- Recovered misappropriated data and trade secrets for Fortune 100 employer against former employee who illegally downloaded materials prior to resignation in federal lawsuit alleging myriad federal and state law violations.
- Defended various financial institutions and other commercial entities in multiple federal class actions alleging failure to implement required ATM notices pursuant to the Electronic Funds Transfer Act.
- Second chair in successful three-day jury trial representing commercial real estate developer relating to timber destruction.
- Represented financial institutions in suits brought by the U.S. Department of Labor alleging breaches of fiduciary duties as trustee arising out of employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) transactions.
- Counsel for defendant in consolidated docket of multiple federal class actions alleging antitrust violations for price fixing in ready-mix concrete industry.
- Advises clients in responding to federal subpoenas and investigations by FBI, DEA, DOJ Antitrust Division, and U.S. Attorneys' offices, among others.
- Counsel for international manufacturer in product liability actions, including wrongful death, alleging defective products, negligence, and breach of warranty.
- Defended bank in copyright infringement action for architectural renderings used in construction of a branch alleged to have been infringed.
- Successfully arbitrated defense of employer corporation in alleged wrongful termination dispute resulting in complete victory for corporation, including recovery of costs and attorneys' fees.
Highlights & Recognitions
- Rising Star, Indiana Super Lawyers (2012–2017)
- Young Lawyer of the Year, Indianapolis Bar Association (2013)
- Distinguished Fellow, Indianapolis Bar Foundation
- International Association of Defense Counsel, Trial Academy, Graduate (2017)
Memberships & Affiliations
- Indianapolis Bar Association (Board of Directors, Counsel to Board (2018), Member (2013, 2016–2018); Litigation Section, Executive Board Secretary (2017), Member (2013–present); E-Discovery, Information Governance & Cyber Security Section Executive Board (2017); Nominating Committee (2017); Membership Committee (2015–2016); Bench Bar Conference Planning Committee (2016); Young Lawyers Division, Executive Board Chair (2013), Vice-Chair (2011–2012), Member (2010–2014); Law Student Division Executive Board (2006–2009); various other ad hoc committees)
- Sagamore Inn of Court
- The Lawyers Club of Indianapolis
- Frost Brown Todd Appoints 11 New Members
- Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2017 Editions of Indiana Super Lawyers and Indiana Rising Stars
- 23 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized by Indiana Super Lawyers®
- 26 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in Indiana Super Lawyers® and Four Recognized in Indiana Rising Stars® for 2015
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- The Penrod Society
- WFYI Community Advisory Board
- Homeless Legal Aid Project
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation of Indiana, Guys and Dolls Auction Honoree
- Phi Gamma Delta (Fiji) Alumni Association
Non-FBT Publications and Events
"Going Paperless and Beyond: Attorney's Guide to a Mobile Law Practice", National Business Institute, Speaker (Oct. 2015).
"The Privacy Implications of Arizona's Immigration Law: S.B. 1070", 4 Int'l Ass'n Def. Counsel Privacy Project 119 (2011) (co-Authored with Steven J. Strawbridge).
“A Ship without a Captain at the Helm: The Need for the Development and Implementation of a Supra-National Prudential Supervisor to Oversee the European Union Financial Sector”, 20 Ind. Int’l & Comp. L. Rev. 112 (2010) (Winner of the Indiana International & Comparative Law Review annual award for outstanding Note).
“Diverging Paths: The United States’ Route Back to a Negligence Standard for Design and Warning Defects in Products Liability Actions and The European Community’s Road to Strict Liability”, 5 Ind. Civ. Lit. Rev. 285 (2008).