Colleen M. Haas
Colleen practices in the area of commercial lending and real estate. She represents banking institutions in connection with negotiating and closing commercial loans secured by real estate and personal property and is particularly experienced in the area of commercial construction lending. She has worked extensively with large real estate developer and builder clients in the acquisition, sale and financing of real property. Colleen also regularly represents qualified businesses and community development entities in connection with documenting and closing new markets tax credit transactions within low-income areas both locally and nationally.
Colleen has represented clients in a wide array of commercial transactions including the following: $50 million line of credit to a commercial retail developer; $20-$40 million construction loans to a national hotel developer; $30 million syndicated term loan and working capital line of credit for a national retailer; $5-$20 million construction loans for the acquisition and development of commercial retail centers and residential apartment projects; and served as Ohio local counsel in a $535 million loan facility. Colleen has also represented several non-profit and for-profit qualified businesses in a variety of real estate development projects financed in part with new markets tax credit and/or historic tax credit financing.
Highlights & Recognitions
- Chambers USA, Real Estate, 2013-2017
- Selected for inclusion in Ohio Super Lawyers® Rising Stars, 2005
- The Best Lawyers in America®, 2016-2017
- Finalist for Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber's WE Celebrate Woman of the Year for Community Impact, 2014
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- The Notre Dame Alumni Club of Greater Cincinnati, Member
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) Greater Cincinnati, Member
- Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2017 Chambers USA®
- 168 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2017
- Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2016 Chambers USA®
- 175 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2016
- 65 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2015 Chambers USA®
- Regal Casino Theater gets street front facelift
- 63 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2014 Chambers USA®
- 67 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2013 Chambers USA®
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- Crayons to Computers, Board of Trustees
- Local School Decision Making Committee, Withrow High School, Member
- Business School Steering Committee, Withrow High School, Member
- Junior Achievement, Volunteer Teacher
- Children International, Sponsor
Non-FBT Publications and Events
"Steps to a Successful Commercial Real Estate Closing"
Cincinnati Bar Association in 2001 and 2002
"New Markets Tax Credits"
Cincinnati Bar Association 11/18/2010