As an attorney in the electronic payments group, Courtney assists clients with acquisitions, contract negotiations, and fund formation. Clients rely on her breadth of expertise and keen insight, and Courtney appreciates the opportunity to learn about evolving industries. As electronic payments and fintech converge, Courtney has also developed knowledge in federal regulations, smart contracts, and virtual currency matters.
Prior to joining Frost Brown Todd, Courtney worked as a senior associate in municipal bankruptcy and corporate restructuring, representing clients in both transactional and litigation matters. She also served as a distressed debt and special situations analyst at a large international bank.
Electronic Payments and Financial Technology Engagements
$4 million portfolio acquisition - Associate counsel for the acquiring company
Co-counsel to trustee for $5.7 billion in special revenue water and sewer bonds issued by the City of Detroit
Co-counsel to trustee for sewer bonds in the Jefferson County, Alabama bankruptcy
Counsel to numerous creditors in the Lehman bankruptcy
Counsel to borrowers for credit facility compliance and procurement of healthcare loans
Counsel to automotive parts suppliers in the Chrysler bankruptcy
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Chamber of Digital Commerce
- Formerly Series 7 and 63 Licensed
Recent Blog Posts
- What Prepaid Accounts Are Subject to the New Prepaid Rules? What you need to know to be ready.
- New Hampshire Takes Steps to Exempt Virtual Currency Transfers from Its Licensing Regime
- New York’s DFS Narrows Proposed Cybersecurity Regulations
- Fintech Companies are No Longer in “Uncharted” Territory
- It’s EZ as 1, 2, 3 . . . Disclosure, limited liability and periodic statements required for prepaid accounts under the CFPB’s new Prepaid Rule amending Regulations E and Z
- Considerations For A Legislative Definition of “Blockchain”
- Are Prices Free Speech? The Supreme Court is set to weigh in on whether merchant surcharges are protected as free speech
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- Board Member and Deacon, Eastwood Christian Church (2015-current)
- Mentor, Big Brother Big Sister Program (2013-2014)
Non-FBT Publications and Events
Municipal Debtors: Cram Down of Special Revenue Debt, by David Lemke, Courtney Rogers, and Blake Roth
Lehman Limits Exercise of Setoff Rights in ISDA Pacts, co-authored by Courtney Rogers, Law360
In re Fedders North America, 405 B.R. 527 (Bankr. D. Del. 2009), by Courtney Rogers, 6 Int’l Corp. Rescue 307 (2009)
Tribune Bankruptcy, Presentation at The Royal Bank of Scotland Distressed Debt Conference, London, 2010
“What prepaid accounts are subject to new prepaid rules? What you need to know to be ready.” Article published in the May 2017 issue of DISCLOSURE by The Iowa Bankers Association.