Daniel A. Murray
As part of the firm's Intellectual Property Practice Group, Daniel focuses his practice on all areas of intellectual property law. He has worked in various transactional and litigation capacities, including all areas of IP: patents, copyrights, trademarks, and trade secrets. Daniel's patent experience includes extensive work in the telecommunications and smartphone industry as well as broad prosecution experience in oil and gas, software, heating and air conditioning, medical devices, electrical circuits, antenna and RF, aerospace design, and more. In copyright and trademark, Daniel has counselled clients regarding their assets and how to best protect their ideas and works of art. He has also assisted clients in registering and prosecuting their marks and works. Additionally, Daniel possesses broad experience in the licensing of intellectual property, including negotiating and drafting licenses for patents, software, copyrights, and trademarks.
Daniel's recent experience includes:
- Assisted a smartphone maker in the negotiation and settlement of licensing disputes with competitors and large patent holders in the smartphone industry.
- Helped a Fortune 500 company prosecute patents related to 4G security protocols and hand-off techniques.
- Helped an oil and gas company protect its business and intellectual property from former employees who created a competing entity.
- Patented a disruptive real estate tool for a participant on Shark Tank™.
- Negotiated and drafted a software license regarding asset management for a railroad provider.
- Defended an airline against a plaintiff asserting patents related to payment software.
Highlights & Recognitions
- Selected for inclusion in Texas Super Lawyers® Rising Stars, 2015, 2016
Memberships & Affiliations
- Aerospace and Defense Forum - DFW Chapter, Member
- Dallas Bar Association
- Northwestern School of Law, DFW Alumni Board Member
- State Bar of Texas - Intellectual Property Section, Website Chair
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- St. Vincent de Paul, Caseworker, 2012-present
Non-FBT Publications and Events
Co-author: "A 3D Numerical Simulation of a Cylindrical Towel Heater with Symmetric and Asymmetric Heating," Daniel Murray & Jose L. Lage, ASME/JSME 8th Thermal Eng. Joint Conference, 2011
Co-author: "U.S. Patents Post KSR: Post-KSR Case Law Regarding Obviousness," Daniel Murray & James L. Ewing, Patent World, Dec. 2007/Jan. 2008, Issue 198, pp 30-32