Darren A. Craig
Darren practices in the business litigation and appellate practice groups. Previously, Darren served as a law clerk to the Honorable Deborah L. Cook, United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. Darren is admitted to practice in Indiana and before the United States Courts of Appeals for the Sixth and Seventh Circuits and the United States District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana.
Represent the members of the Indiana Board of Law Examiners in a class action lawsuit brought under the Americans with Disabilities Act by law student and ACLU.
Represented a major construction equipment manufacturer in products liability jury trial in Alabama state court that resulted in a defense verdict.
Represent bank in class action concerning foreign currency exchange transactions
Represent officers and directors of health maintenance organization in suit for breach of fiduciary duty
Represent officer of concrete supply company in antitrust investigation and
Represent manufacturer in breach of warranty claims
Highlights & Recognitions
- Selected for inclusion in Indiana Super Lawyers®, 2016-2017
- Selected for inclusion in Indiana Super Lawyers Rising Stars®, 2012–2015
- Order of the Coif, Indiana University School of Law—Bloomington, 2004
- Notes and Comments Editor, Indiana Law Journal, 2003–2004
- Chancellor’s Fellow, Indiana University School of Law—Bloomington, 2001–2004
- Phi Beta Kappa, Purdue University, 1995
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Seventh Circuit Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
Recent Blog Posts
- Indiana Supreme Court Reaffirms Limits To Jury Trials In Foreclosure Actions
- Indiana Court Of Appeals Invalidates Arbitration Agreement That Selected NAF As Arbitrator On The Ground It Is Impossible To Perform
- Seventh Circuit Rejects Bankruptcy Confirmation Plan That Eliminates Credit Bidding
- Seventh Circuit Gives Mortgage Lender's Security Interest In Future Rental Income Priority Over Federal Tax Lien
- Federal Reserve Board Approves Final Rule On Conformance Period For Volcker Rule
- Indiana Court Of Appeals Allows Jury Trial For Counterclaims In Foreclosure Proceedings
- Courts Restrict Secured Creditors' Right To Credit Bid At Bankruptcy Sales
- Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternatives Program Begins April 5, 2010
- Indiana Court of Appeals Clarifies What Limitations Period Applies to Suits Brought on Credit Card Debts
- Federal Reserve Board Announces Final Rules on Overdraft Fees for ATM and Debit Card Transactions
- Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2017 Editions of Indiana Super Lawyers and Indiana Rising Stars
- 23 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized by Indiana Super Lawyers®
- 26 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in Indiana Super Lawyers® and Four Recognized in Indiana Rising Stars® for 2015
- 27 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Named to Indiana Super Lawyers®; 7 Attorneys Named to Rising Stars®
- 23 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Named to Indiana Super Lawyers®; 11 Attorneys Named to Rising Stars®
- Frost Brown Todd Appoints 12 New Members
- 23 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized by Indiana Super Lawyers® and 12 Recognized by Indiana Rising Stars® for 2012
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- Co-chair of DRI's Financial Institutions and Creditors' Rights Specialized Litigation Group
- Secretary and Board Member for The Cheer Guild of Riley Hospital for Children and Indiana University Hospital, Inc.
- Problem author and judge for the Thurgood Marshall Memorial Moot Court Competition sponsored by the Younger Lawyers division of the Federal Bar Association, 2008-2011. This is a national competition for law school students held in Washington, D.C.
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Bar Leader Series Class VI, 2008-2009
Non-FBT Publications and Events
Indiana Chapter for DRI's Class Action Compendium (2011).
“New Regulations Coming for Gift Cards,” The Business Suit, August 2009.
“Appellate Civil Case Law Update,” Res Gestae, June 2009, January 2009, September 2008, January 2008, October 2007, June 2007, April 2007, January 2007, and October 2006 (co-author with Maggie L. Smith).
“Statutes of Frauds Applicable to Credit Agreements,” For The Defense, October 2008 (co-author with Heidi G. Goebel).
“Actions Founded on Statutory Liability: Adopting a Limitations Period for Attorneys' Fees Actions Brought Under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act”
79 Indiana Law Journal 493, 2004
Asphalt Pavement Association of Indiana Management Workshop, March 4, 2010: presentation titled "Cooperation, Collaboration or Collusion? Enhanced Anti-Trust Scrutiny." Spent approximately 30 hours preparing materials and attending conference.
Allen County Bench/Bar Conference, April 24, 2008: Spoke, along with the Honorable David Avery of the Allen Superior Court, on the topic Alternative Dispute Resolution: The Latest Trends. Spent approximately 20 hours preparing materials and attending conference.