Dean R. Brackenridge
Dean, a member of Frost Brown Todd LLC, focuses his practice on construction, surety, insurance coverage, environmental, business and consumer law matters.
Dean has represented insurance companies in numerous coverage disputes. His representation of insurance company clients has included defense of bad faith claims arising from, among other issues, claims handling practices and alleged conflicts of interest. Dean's construction law practice has included representation of architects, engineers, contractors, owners and surveyors.
Dean also routinely defends several national collection firms in state and federal court litigation, including representation related to FDCPA and FCRA claims.
Dean currently serves as the President of the Board of Directors of the St. Mary’s Child Center, a Catholic United Way member agency, which provides education for more than 200 children, ages 3-5, who are at learning and life risk.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Indiana State Bar Association, Construction and Surety Law Section, Chair (2014-present); Chair-Elect (2012-2014); Vice-Chair (2010-2012); Secretary (2008-2010); Treasurer (2006-2008)
- American Bar Association
- Common Mistakes of Indiana’s Mechanic’s Lien Claimants (And How To Avoid Them)
- General Contractors May Have Coverage For Costs Arising Out Of Subcontractors' Defective Work
- Are Construction Bid Errors Up in a Down Economy?
- A "Stark" Reality for Indiana Contractors Who Do Not Strictly Comply with Contractual Claim Notice Provisions
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- St. Mary's Child Center (www.stmaryschildcenter.org), Member, Executive Committee of Board of Directors (2009-present), President, Board of Directors (2011-2013), Vice-President (2010-2011), Secretary (2009-2011), Chair, Fund Development Committee (2009-2011) and Chair, annual Spring Soiree event (2006 to 2010). St. Mary’s Child Center is a United Way member agency, which provides education at three locations in the Indianapolis area for more than 250 at-risk children in poverty, ages three to five.
Non-FBT Publications and Events
DRI, Coverage B: Personal and Advertising Injury Compendium, contributing author (1st ed. 2014)
DRI Fidelity and Surety Roundtable, Program Chair, Chicago, Illinois, May 2012
Covered Events, DRI publication, contributing author, 2010-11
Fair Debt Collection Practices Act Compliance, author and presenter, July 2010
An Environment of Care: Environmental Compliance and Practices in the Healthcare Industry, Indiana Health Law Symposium, February 2010
ABA Construction and Design Law, contributing author, Chapter 15, Indiana Construction and Design Law (2nd Ed. 2009)
New Developments in Indiana Law Affecting Builders and Developers, 2008 Indiana Issues Conference, Indiana Builders Association
Selective Enforcement of Insurance Policies Concerning Damages Arising from a Contractor's Faulty Work, The Hoosier Contractor (Summer 2008)
Does Your Business Have an E-Discovery Plan?, 2007
Contractors Put on Notice That Courts May Strictly Enforce Contract Notice Provisions, Construction and Real Estate Law Update (2007, Issue I)
State-by-State Guide to Construction Contracts and Claims, contributing author, Chapter 16, Indiana (1st Ed. 2006 & Cumulative Supp. 2011)
Subcontractor Didn't Say 'Simon Says Make the Improvements': The Active Owner Consent Prerequisite to Lien Rights of Contractors Hired by Lessees,Construction and Real Estate Law Update (2006, Issue II)
Complying with Indiana Executive Branch Lobbying Requirements, 2006
Design-Build Power Panel, panelist, Indiana Construction Management Summit, Associated Builders and Contractors of Indiana, 2005
Avoiding the Seven Deadly Sins of Mechanic's Lien Claimants, Construction and Real Estate Law Update (2005, Issue III)
'Siding' Against the Contractor: Indiana Supreme Court Recognizes Homeowners' Interior Damage Claim Against Façade Installer, Construction and Real Estate Law Update (2005, Issue II)
Preserving Your Delay Claim -- Just in Case the Project Runs Long, Construction and Real Estate Law Update (2005, Issue I)
A New Headache for Owners (And Generals): A Subcontractor's Personal Liability Notice Might Arrive Before He Does, Construction and Real Estate Law Update (2003, Issue II)
Fifty State Construction Lien and Bond Law, contributing author, Indiana Chapter, Vol. 3 (2nd Ed. 2000)
Personal and Advertising Injury Compendium,contributing author, Advertisement Offenses - Causation Requirement, Chapter 15, Defense Research Institute (DRI), Fall 2013