Edward A. Receski
Ed is the former member-in-charge of the Lexington office and the co-chair of the firm's Energy and Utilities team. Prior to joining the firm, he was a member of the law firm of Sawyer & Glancy PLLC, an associate with the law firm of Greenebaum Doll & McDonald, and a CPA with Peterson Consulting.
Ed practices in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, energy and natural resources, corporate, commercial transactions, real estate, bank lending, economic incentives, equine, and workouts and restructurings. His clients include commercial banks, mining companies, real estate companies, and vehicle manufacturers.
Represented coal mining companies in various mergers and acquisitions and financings, including: (i) multiple acquisitions of eastern Kentucky coal mines and reserves; (ii) $25 million purchase of an Ohio coal company; (iii) $25 million acquisition of Ohio and West Virginia coal reserves, (iv) $125 million credit facility, and (v) $250 million multi-tranche credit facility.
Advised oil and natural gas company in sale of Tennessee oil and natural gas interests.
Represented an internet horse racing wagering company in the $60 million sale of its business.
Represented shareholders of closely-held vent-free fireplace and stove manufacturer in the $60 million sale of all of their stock.
Assisted vehicle manufacturers and suppliers with acquisition and development of greenfield manufacturing sites. Representation included the following areas: property transfers, acquisition financing, easements and restrictions, leases to suppliers, economic incentives and construction matters.
Advised vehicle manufacturers in restructurings with financially-troubled suppliers.
Represented a vehicle dealer in the $25 million acquisition of two dealerships.
Represented various commercial banks in making numerous commercial loans ranging in size from $3 million to $50 million per loan.
Highlights & Recognitions
- AV® Rated, Martindale-Hubbell®
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Real Estate Law, 2005-2018
- Ducks Unlimited Service Award
- Life Membership to Headley-Whitney Museum Awarded for Service
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Fayette County Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- 161 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2018
- 168 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2017
- 175 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2016
- 175 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2015
- 172 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2014 Best Lawyers®
- 167 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2013 Best Lawyers®
- Ed Receski Named as New Member-in-Charge of Lexington Office
- 150 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in Best Lawyers® 2012 Edition
- 145 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in Best Lawyers® 2011 Edition
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- Bluegrass Chapter of the American Red Cross, Director
- Headley-Whitney Museum, Vice President of the Board
- Leadership Bluegrass Program of Commerce Lexington
- University of Pennsylvania Secondary School Committee, Chairman
- Commerce Lexington
- Christ the King Church
Non-FBT Publications and Events
Co-Author and Presenter: Prevent Costly Mistakes Through the Correct Entity Choice in Kentucky, National Business Institute, 2005
Co-Author: Bankruptcy Issues for the Real Estate Practitioner, Kentucky Real Estate Law and Practice,University of Kentucky College of Law, 2005