Elisa A. Cawood
Elisa is an Employee Benefits/ERISA attorney with broad experience advising clients on both retirement and welfare plans and related compliance issues.
Her experience includes:
- Advise clients on issues involving qualified and non-qualified retirement plans and welfare plans sponsored by for-profit clients of all sizes, as well as non-profit and governmental entities.
- Advise clients on health and welfare plan compliance issues relating to the Affordable Care Act, HIPAA, and COBRA
- Assist clients with legal compliance and planning for employee benefit plans, including 401(k)/profit sharing, 403(b), defined benefit, ESOP, health and cafeteria plans.
- Assist corporate clients with employee benefits issues arising in corporate transactions.
- Draft and amend retirement and welfare plan documents, Summary Plan Descriptions, and other required notices and disclosures to employees.
- Analyze legislation, IRS, and DOL guidance to determine potential effects on client employee benefit plans.
- Prepare plan corrections and submissions under the IRS' EPCRS program and the DOL's Voluntary Correction Program.
- Prepare determination letter applications for retirement plans with respect to required restatements and plan terminations.
- Advocate for and assist clients with IRS and DOL plan audits.
- Assist clients with participant benefit claims issues for retirement and welfare plans.
- Manage compliance for clients for Qualified Domestic Relations Orders and Qualified Media Child Support Orders that they receive.
- Analyze business structures and relationships to determine presence of controlled or affiliated service groups.
Other Contact Info