James (Jim) A. Dietz
Jim assists various health care providers with their legal concerns and needs. Health care is a heavily-regulated, high-dollar industry, but at its heart, there are bright, dedicated individuals doing their best to help others with acute or chronic health issues. Jim particularly enjoys helping providers take care of legal issues so they can focus on carrying out their goals and missions of providing high-quality care to patients.
With more than 20 years of experience, Jim provides an array of legal services to hospitals, physicians, long-term care providers, diagnostic facilities, and others across the spectrum of patient care. He advises health care clients on a variety of contractual, regulatory, and general corporate matters, including managed care, employment and vendor contracts, physician recruitment, anti-kickback, Stark, and general regulatory compliance. He also advises clients on Medicare and Medicaid issues, governance structures and other various health care-related issues. A large portion of his work has been transactional in nature, including joint ventures and mergers and acquisitions.
Jim is a frequent speaker and writer on managed care, Stark and other health care topics.
Highlights & Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 2008 - 2017
Memberships & Affiliations
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Northern Kentucky Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Kentucky Academy of Hospital Attorneys (Past President)
- Society of Ohio Healthcare Attorneys
Recent Blog Posts
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- Board Member, HealthPoint Family Care
- Former Board Member, Diocesan Catholic Children's Home
- Former Board Member, Kentucky Health Cooperative, Inc.
- Former President, Kentucky Academy of Hospital Attorneys
Non-FBT Publications and Events
"Hot Legal Issues in Physician Compensation" Kentucky Health Law Institute, Lexington, KY (September 15-16, 2016)