Jason Cross is an experienced litigator. For more than a decade, he has represented both plaintiffs and defendants in a wide range of complex commercial disputes in state and federal courts and in all stages of the litigation and dispute resolution process.
In addition to his experience representing clients in front of courts in Texas and throughout the United States, Jason also has extensive experience representing clients involved in cross-border disputes in international arbitrations under the body of rules of some of the world's leading arbitral institutions, including the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA), and the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce (SCC).
Prior to joining Frost Brown Todd, Jason practiced law in the Dallas office of the international law firm Jones Day.
Jason has successfully represented individuals and companies in a variety of business disputes all over the world. Examples of Jason's experience in recent years include representing clients in matters involving breach of contract, fraud, temporary and permanent injunctive relief, energy-related disputes, product liability, franchisor/franchisee disputes, deceptive trade practices, and theft and misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Successfully prosecuted breach of contract claims in an international arbitration proceeding under the Rules of the LCIA.
- Successfully prosecuted specific performance of contract claims in an international arbitration proceeding under the Rules of the SCC.
- Represented one of the world's largest retail corporations in an international arbitration under the Rules of the ICC.
- Represented a global aluminum producer in international arbitration proceedings under the Rules of the SCC.
Obtained a dismissal with prejudice in Texas federal court for one of the leading worldwide manufacturers and providers of health care equipment and medical technology systems in a case in which the plaintiff alleged various product liability theories.
- Successfully obtained injunctive relief in Texas state court for an energy equipment supplier in connection with a purchase price dispute.
- Represented one of the world's largest beverage bottlers in Texas federal court in a case in which client alleged fraud and fraudulent inducement in connection with its acquisition of another bottler.
- Represented one of the world's largest quick-service restaurant companies in various franchisee-related disputes.
- Advised one of the largest private oil and gas exploration and production companies in the U.S. as part of its acquisition by an investor group.
- Represented an iPhone app developer in Texas state court in which client claimed theft and misappropriation of trade secrets.
Highlights & Recognitions
- Selected for inclusion in Texas Super Lawyers "Rising Stars," 2013-2015