Jay is a Member in the Corporate & Business Department of Frost Brown Todd LLC. Jay focuses his practice on complex commercial transactions, commercial real estate, asset-based lending and project finance. He regularly represents institutional lenders and borrowers in structuring, documenting and closing complex transactions on a national and international basis. He also leads teams of attorneys and legal professionals in representing lenders in connection with securitized loan originations, mezzanine loans and warehouse facilities.
Prior to joining Frost Brown Todd, Jay resided in New York City and was an associate with Kirkland & Ellis, LLP where he represented private equity sponsors and borrowers in a wide array of financing-related matters, including domestic and cross-border acquisitions, working capital financings, out-of-court restructurings and bankruptcy proceedings.
Before joining Kirkland & Ellis, Jay was an associate with Morgan, Lewis & Bockius, LLP where he represented secured lenders, administrative and collateral agents, creditors, and debtors in financings, out-of-court restructurings, Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases, state court litigation and a petition for certiorari to the United States Supreme Court.
Jay served as a clerk for the Hon. Peter J. Walsh, District of Delaware Bankruptcy Court.
Jay received his J.D. from Brooklyn Law School where he graduated cum laude and later served on the Board of Trustees. He has a B.A. in Economics from the University of Colorado at Boulder.
Jay is currently licensed in New York and Kentucky.
Highlights & Recognitions
- Kentucky Rising Stars® 2013-2016
- Louisville Business First 2013 Forty Under 40 Award Winner
- 51 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized by Kentucky Super Lawyers® and 18 Recognized by Kentucky Rising Stars® for 2016
- 50 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized by Kentucky Super Lawyers® and 20 Recognized by Kentucky Rising Stars® for 2015
- 52 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized by Kentucky Super Lawyers® and 21 Recognized by Kentucky Rising Stars® for 2014
- Frost Brown Todd Appoints 11 New Members
- Three New Members Named in Frost Brown Todd's Louisville Office
- Jay Baribeau Named to 2013 Forty Under 40
- Jay Baribeau Joins Frost Brown Todd’s Louisville office
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- Isaac W. Bernheim Foundation, current Member of Board of Trustees and Executive Committee and Chair of Trusteeship Committee
- Dogs Helping Heroes, Inc., current Member Board of Directors and Executive Committee
- Brooklyn Law School, Member Board of Trustees, 2007-2009
- Ignite Louisville, Class of 2014 (Leadership Louisville Center)
- Focus Louisville, Class of 2011 (Leadership Louisville Center)