Jeffery T. Gorham
Jeff has extensive experience in day-to-day annuity and life insurance operations, bringing five years of insurance/regulatory experience to the firm.
Prior to joining Frost Brown Todd, Jeff worked in the Regulatory Compliance department at Guggenheim Partners’ flagship insurance company, Guggenheim Life and Annuity. There, Jeff served as Counsel and Anti-Fraud coordinator, providing legal advice to executives and employees regarding Anti-Money Laundering and fraud, as well as the day-to-day business matters in actuarial, administration, claims, finance, marketing, and new business units. Jeff also oversaw several state market conduct audits and exams, and assisted on multiple reinsurance transactions.
Jeff is certified in Insurance Regulatory Compliance and Market Conduct Management.
- Acted as Anti-Fraud coordinator and point of contact at a large life and annuity insurer.
- Assisted with reinsurance transactions totaling over $3 billion.
- Oversaw several state market conduct audits and exams, resulting in no regulatory actions taken against the insurer.
- Licensed and maintained several insurance subsidiary companies in 49 U.S. jurisdictions.
Highlights & Recognitions
- Market Conduct Manager, Insurance Regulatory Examiners Society (IRES), 2015
- Associate, Insurance Regulatory Compliance, Life Office Management Association (LOMA), 2014
Recent Blog Posts
- Bitcoin ATMs: What They Are and How They Work
- A Regulatory Primer for Bitcoin ATM Operators – Federal Law & Regulations
- A Regulatory Primer for Bitcoin ATM Operators – State Law & Regulations
- Legal Issues of Owning and Operating a Bitcoin ATM Business
- FinCEN Cracks-Down on Yet Another Alleged Illegitimate Virtual Currency Exchange, Raising More Concerns for Legitimate Exchanges
- Conference of State Bank Supervisors Sues U.S. Comptroller over Non-Bank Charter Rule
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- Orkestra Projekt, Board of Directors, 2016