Jeffrey N. Lindemann
Jeff is a member in the Labor and Employment Group of the law firm of Frost Brown Todd LLC in Columbus, Ohio. His practice is concentrated on the representation of employers in a wide variety of labor and employment matters, including employment discrimination and wrongful discharge matters, wage and hour matters, trade secret and covenant not to compete matters, collective bargaining agreement negotiations and arbitrations, as well as the advice practice for companies who endeavor to comply with a wide variety of labor and employment statutes and regulations encountered in today’s workplace environment. Jeff is a periodic speaker before legal groups, as well as various personnel and labor relations associations.
Jeff has represented a wide range of employers, including several health care institutions and providers, numerous manufacturing entities and employers in the restaurant and service industry.
Jeff has received favorable decisions on numerous dispositive motions in employment discrimination, wrongful discharge, trade secret/covenant not to compete and employment intentional tort cases. He has successfully tried several employment discrimination, trade secret/covenant not to compete and employment intentional tort cases on behalf of employers.
He has successfully represented employers before the National Labor Relations Board and state and federal administrative agencies that investigate employment discrimination, FMLA and wage and hour issues. He has also represented employers in more than 30 arbitrations pursuant to collective bargaining agreements.
Jeff routinely provides advice to employers in areas of FMLA, sexual harassment, employment discrimination, wage and hour, employee investigation and other areas.
Highlights & Recognitions
- Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell®
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 2012-2017
Memberships & Affiliations
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Overtime Regulations Struck Down: The Department of Labor is forbidden from enforcing new salary threshold
- New Overtime Rules Released Today
- U.S. Supreme Court Permits Use of Representative Statistical Evidence to Support Class Certification in FLSA Unpaid Overtime Case
- "I didn't get it" - The New FMLA Hurdle?
- Ohio Supreme Court Clarifies Important Provision in Employer Intentional Tort Statute
- Sixth Circuit Rules that Some Severance Benefits may not be Subject to FICA
- Ohio Law Does Not Mandate Preferential Treatment of Pregnant Employees
- ALP: One of my employees is not performing well, but I am afraid to address the performance issues...
- 168 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2017
- 175 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2016
- 175 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2015
- Frost Brown Todd receives Business Partner Award
- 172 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2014 Best Lawyers®
- 167 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2013 Best Lawyers®
- 150 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in Best Lawyers® 2012 Edition
Non-FBT Publications and Events
Jeffrey has presented at numerous seminars for human resource professionals.
“Legal Billing: Is the Meter Broken?” Wall Street Journal (with Bradley A. Smith), January 27, 1997