Jeffrey N. Lindemann
Jeff is a member in the Labor and Employment Group of the law firm of Frost Brown Todd LLC in Columbus, Ohio. His practice is concentrated on the representation of employers in a wide variety of labor and employment matters, including employment discrimination and wrongful discharge advice and litigation, wage and hour advice and litigation, trade secret and covenant not to compete advice and litigation, ERISA litigation, and collective bargaining agreement negotiations and arbitrations. Much of Jeff’s practice is devoted to working with and advising companies as they work to comply with the wide variety of labor and employment statutes, rules and regulations that come into play in today’s workplace environment. Jeff is a regular speaker before both legal groups and various personnel and labor relations associations.
Jeff has represented a wide range of employers, including several health care institutions and providers, numerous manufacturing entities, and employers in the restaurant and service industry.
Jeff has received favorable decisions on numerous dispositive motions in employment discrimination, wrongful discharge, wage and hour, trade secret/covenant not to compete and employment intentional tort cases. He has also successfully tried cases in these areas on behalf of employers.
He has successfully represented employers before the Department of Labor (which investigates claims under the FLSA, the FMLA, and the OSH Act), the National Labor Relations Board and state and federal administrative agencies that investigate claims of employment discrimination. He has also represented employers in more than 40 arbitrations pursuant to collective bargaining agreements.
Jeff routinely provides advice to employers in areas of wage and hour compliance, FMLA compliance, ADA and Title VII compliance, and claims of workplace harassment, employment discrimination, and employee misconduct.
Highlights & Recognitions
- Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell®
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 2012-2017
Memberships & Affiliations
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Overtime Regulations Struck Down: The Department of Labor is forbidden from enforcing new salary threshold
- New Overtime Rules Released Today
- U.S. Supreme Court Permits Use of Representative Statistical Evidence to Support Class Certification in FLSA Unpaid Overtime Case
- "I didn't get it" - The New FMLA Hurdle?
- Ohio Supreme Court Clarifies Important Provision in Employer Intentional Tort Statute
- Sixth Circuit Rules that Some Severance Benefits may not be Subject to FICA
- Ohio Law Does Not Mandate Preferential Treatment of Pregnant Employees
- ALP: One of my employees is not performing well, but I am afraid to address the performance issues...
- 168 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2017
- 175 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2016
- 175 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2015
- Frost Brown Todd receives Business Partner Award
- 172 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2014 Best Lawyers®
- 167 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2013 Best Lawyers®
- 150 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in Best Lawyers® 2012 Edition
Non-FBT Publications and Events
Jeffrey has presented at numerous seminars for human resource professionals.
“Legal Billing: Is the Meter Broken?” Wall Street Journal (with Bradley A. Smith), January 27, 1997