Jennifer A. Rulon
Jennifer practices labor and employment law as an associate in the Indianapolis office of Frost Brown Todd. Jennifer concentrates her practice in employment litigation, non-compete and trade secret business litigation, and general business counseling.
Jennifer joined the firm in 2014 after graduating cum laude from the Indiana University Maurer School of Law. While in law school, Jennifer received academic scholarships, multiple awards for achieving the highest grade in her courses, and formal recognition for the pro bono work she completed as a Certified Legal Intern for the Protective Order Project.
During her second year of law school, Jennifer received an award for excellence in oral advocacy after competing as a quarterfinalist in IU’s annual Sherman Minton Moot Court Competition. The following year, Jennifer was selected by a panel of students and faculty to serve on the Moot Court Executive Board, where she was responsible for overseeing the law school’s largest alumni and student event.
Before law school, Jennifer served for two years as a United States Peace Corps Volunteer in Mali, West Africa, where she trained more than 60 local farmers and students in agricultural and marketing techniques. Through her service, Jennifer gained invaluable experience in project management and cross-cultural communication. Jennifer continues to serve Mali on the Board of Directors for African Sky – a nonprofit organization devoted to lessening the extreme effects of poverty in Mali.
Jennifer received her history degree magna cum laude in the Philosophy, Politics, and the Public Honors Program at Xavier University. During her time at Xavier, Jennifer completed an internship at the National Endowment for the Arts and volunteered with various community organizations in Cincinnati.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Indianapolis Bar Association (Young Lawyers Division Civic Committee 2016-present, Member 2014-present)
- Sagamore Inn of Court (Associate Member, 2015-present)
- Indiana State Bar Association (Member, 2014-present)
- Ohio State Bar Association (Member, 2015-present)
- American Bar Association (Member, 2014-present)
- New Overtime Rules Released Today
- Congress Authorizes Federal Cause of Action for Trade Secret Misappropriation
- Final Department of Labor Overtime Exemption Rule Will Be Published Soon
- Department of Labor FLSA Guidance Says Most Workers Are Employees
- “Why DOES Radio Shack Ask for Your Phone Number When You Buy Batteries?“
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- African Sky, Board of Directors, 2014-present
- Clemency Project, Volunteer Attorney, 2015-present
- Indianapolis Chamber Orchestra, Board of Directors, 2016-2017