Jesse D. Wilson
Jesse is an accomplished legal, compliance, and regulatory risk professional with a focus in risk identification and mitigation within the insurance industry. He has diverse business and legal leadership experience with thorough understanding of compliance, legal, and operational complexities, and a proven ability to resolve complex operational and legal compliance issues through cross-functional teamwork and collaboration. He has demonstrated success reducing legal and regulatory compliance risk through legal analysis, regulatory settlement agreement negotiation and implementation, process improvement and detailed analytics. Jesse is strategically focused to drive long-term business objectives and reduce regulatory risk and has strong leadership and communication skills with emphasis on big-picture impact, excellence, and risk-based prioritization.
Prior to joining the firm, Jesse served as counsel and leader in an in-house legal department at a large insurer. His expertise lies in the lines of life, annuity, and supplemental health insurance products including long term care.
- Designed and implemented the first Anti-Money Laundering program at a large life insurance company. When federal laws began to require insurance companies to have AML programs (2005). Completely designed and implemented an AML program for the parent company and its affiliated insurance companies. The program has successfully passed examinations by the IRS twice, without any findings. This experience lead to being invited to speak at the ACLI Legal and Compliance Annual Conference regarding AML.
- Played a key role in drafting, negotiating, and implementing one of three major Corrective Action Plans associated with multistate market conduct examinations including more than 43 states.
- Successfully negotiated resolution to numerous regulatory actions related to company claims practices.
- Served as company point person and key expert on current regulatory changes in life insurance relating to the use of the Social Security Administration's Death Master File. Responsibilities included designing a process compliant with current and proposed legal requirements as well as consistent with the resolution found in numerous industry settlement agreements.
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Corporate Counsel
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- Film School Africa, President, Chairman of the Board