John W. Gragg
John represents national and international banks, lending institutions, REITs, private equity funds and real estate developers in real estate transactions throughout the United States. John has been involved in more than 500 real estate transactions aggregating in excess of 12 billion dollars since 2002. He has closed real estate transactions in 49 U.S. states and several U.S. territories. John is also the CMBS Practice Group leader.
- John leads a team of 15 attorneys and legal professionals that have represented lenders in more than 200 loan transactions since 2011. These transactions include securitized loans, mezzanine loans, warehouse facilities, bridge financing and term loans.
- John represented a CMBS lender client on more than 100 transactions in 2014 aggregating in excess of $2.1 billion in loan volume.
- John advised a private equity fund in the acquisition and financing of a large asset portfolio across a six-state footprint. This transaction, along with several others handled by John's team, elevated this fund to the 38th largest owner of retail property in the United States.
- From 2008-2011, John served first as Real Estate Counsel and was subsequently promoted to General Counsel of a real estate holding and development company which primarily operated a chain of upscale fitness centers across an eight-state footprint.
Highlights & Recognitions
- BTI Client Service All Star, 2015
- Frost Brown Todd Mentor of the Year, 2013
- Selected for inclusion in Kentucky Rising Stars® 2013-2015
- Frost Brown Todd CMBS Team Growth Mirrors Market
- Frost Brown Todd’s John Gragg Named 2015 BTI Client Service All-Star
- 50 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized by Kentucky Super Lawyers® and 20 Recognized by Kentucky Rising Stars® for 2015
- 52 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized by Kentucky Super Lawyers® and 21 Recognized by Kentucky Rising Stars® for 2014
Non-FBT Publications and Events
Panelist: Kentucky Bar Association Convention, General Counsel Roundtable, June 17, 2010
Adjunct Professor: University of Kentucky School of Law, “Real Estate Negotiations”, Winter Semester 2010 & 2011
Panelist: University of Kentucky Real Estate Law & Practice Institute, “Commercial Real Estate Lending”, November 11, 2010