Joshua S. Rosenblatt
Colleagues and clients count on Josh to resolve complex problems when it comes to mergers and acquisitions, securities law and general corporate law. Whether Josh is representing large entities, emerging companies seeking funding or local entrepreneurs in need of business and legal advice, he focuses on supporting the deal and the client. Clients rely on him for his dependability, optimism, thoroughness, humor and responsiveness.
Josh's primary focus is the financial technology industry, where his experience with clients includes representing businesses ranging from public companies to start-ups with the following:
- Acquisitions and divestitures
- Strategic business transactions
- Contract negotiations
- Operational matters
- Visa and MasterCard rules
- Money service business & Money transmitter issues
- Bitcoin and Blockchain technology
- Smart Contracts
Josh also has extensive experience representing the health care industry and other industries in general corporate matters. He advises clients on issues affecting private equity, joint ventures and start-ups. He also provides guidance to clients regarding securities law compliance and periodic reporting by the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and Investment Advisers Act of 1940.
Financial Technology Engagements
- $340 million revenue systems company merger – Lead associate counsel for the acquiring company.
- $226 million payment processing company acquisition – Associate counsel for the acquiring company.
- $26 million merchant portfolio acquisition – Lead associate counsel for the acquiring company.
- $13 million ISO acquisition – Lead associate counsel for the acquiring company.
- $12 million point of sale solutions ISO acquisition– Lead associate counsel for the selling company.
- $3 million school payment software solutions acquisition – Lead associate counsel for the acquiring company.
- $2.2 million rent payment portal acquisition – Lead associate counsel for the acquiring company.
- $500,000 acquisition of a portfolio of ATM contracts – Lead associate counsel for the acquiring company
- $750 million health care company merger – Lead associate counsel for the target company.
- $500 million debt offering – Associate counsel for the issuer.
- $120 million hospital acquisition – Lead associate counsel for the acquiring company.
- $40 million venture capital portfolio creation – Lead associate counsel for the venture capital fund.
- $4 million surgery center acquisition – Lead associate counsel for the acquiring company.
- $500,000 Series A funding for health care services company - Lead associate counsel for the issuer.
Highlights & Recognitions
Memberships & Affiliations
- Chamber of Digital Commerce, Member
- Electronic Transaction Association, Membership Committee, Member
- Nashville, Tennessee and American Bar Associations, Member
- American Health Lawyers Association, Member
- Leadership Healthcare, Member
Recent Blog Posts
- A Cautionary Tale for Money Service Businesses: How Violating the Bank Secrecy Act Could Cost Millions
- New Hampshire Takes Steps to Exempt Virtual Currency Transfers from Its Licensing Regime
- The Medieval Economics of Cryptocurrency
- It’s EZ as 1, 2, 3 . . . Disclosure, limited liability and periodic statements required for prepaid accounts under the CFPB’s new Prepaid Rule amending Regulations E and Z
- Considerations For A Legislative Definition of “Blockchain”
- Are Prices Free Speech? The Supreme Court is set to weigh in on whether merchant surcharges are protected as free speech
- Your Money is No Good Here: FTC Bans Telemarketers from Accepting Four Methods of Payment
- Fed’s Advice to Community Banks on Bitcoin: “Proceed … with Caution”
- NEW POINT-OF-SALE LEGISLATION IN TENNESSEE
- When Contract Boilerplate Matters: A Case Lesson From the Credit Card Processing World
- Digital Asset enters healthcare as blockchain questions grow
- 40 under 40: Josh Rosenblatt, Frost Brown Todd
- Health conference draws global healthcare, technology and blockchain leaders to Nashville
- Exploring the Mystery behind Blockchain
- What Does Blockchain Mean to the Financial Industry?
- Gem founder ranks NVille healthcare sector as a key blockchain market
- What Does The First CFPB Order On Data Security Compliance Signal?
- Regulate in Haste, Repent At Leisure, Bank Lobbyists Warned
- Inside money laundering: risks, concerns and industry fault lines
- FinTech: Iroquois Capital's payments startup doesn't rule-out capraise
- Processors Sued As ‘Choke Point’ Echoes Rattle Industry
- Will Apple Pay change the way you use your credit cards?
- Frost Brown attorneys help launch payments sector consultancy
- Frost Brown Todd's electronic payments consulting firm has Visa, PayPal onboard
- New MasterCard Rules on Fee Disclosures May Catch Many Payment Processors Unaware
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- Ben Schulman Center at Vanderbilt University, Executive Board Member
- Nashville Business Incubation Center, Board Member
- Safe Haven Family Shelter, Board Member
- Oasis Center, Former Board Member
- Community Nashville, Former Board Member
Non-FBT Publications and Events
Blockchain in Healthcare: Vanderbilt Law School, October 2016
A Legislative Definition of Blockchain: Capitol Hill, October 2016
How Blockchain Will Affect HIPAA: Distributed: Health, October 2016
Bitcoin, Blockchain & the Law: Distributed: Health, October 2016
Blockchain, Healthcare & the Law: Belmont Law School, September 2016
EMV - Impacts of the Electronic Payment Rule Changes: CLE, October 2015
Electronic Payment Industry: What's Hot and How to Get Paid, Tennessee Bar Association, March 2015
An Inside View of the Electronic Payments World, Association of Corporate Counsel, Kentucky Chapter, November 2014