Julie M. Bruns
Julie is a member of Frost Brown Todd LLC. She represents employers in all phases of workers’ compensation matters including administrative hearings and judicial matters before various levels of Ohio state courts. She counsels employers regarding the administration of workers' compensation claims, claims management and cost containment, accident investigation, violation of specific safety requirement (VSSR) claims, premium and group ratings, attaining and maintaining self-insured status, and other related matters. She also defends employers in post-administrative litigation in common pleas courts throughout Ohio.
Highlights & Recognitions
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars - 2013, 2014
Memberships & Affiliations
- Cincinnati Bar Association, Workers' Compensation Section - Chair
- Ohio State Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section
- Southwestern Ohio Self-Insurers Association, Member
- Ohio Self-Insurers' Association, Member
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- Guardian Angels School, PTA volunteer and past Steering Committee member
- Mercy Montessori School, Board of Trustees
- Ohio Supreme Court Mentoring Program - 2011, 2012
Non-FBT Publications and Events
"Current Developments in the Law." Lorman CLE Seminar
"ABCs of Claim Processing" and "FMLA/ADA/Workers' Compensation - The Bermuda Triangle." Lorman CLE Seminar
"Workers' Compensation Injuries -- How to Manage the claim and return the employee to work."
Greater Cincinnati Human Resources Association presentation
"Case Law Update" Cincinnati Bar Association, CLE Seminar
"Ask the Legal Professional" Business Courier
"Statutory Update - Summary of Senate Bill 334"
Employer Resources Association - WC Update 2012, 2013, 2014
"Medicare Set-Asides in Workers' Compensation" - 2016 Advanced Workers' Compensation seminar, National Business Institute