Justin S. Fowles
Justin is an attorney in Frost Brown Todd's litigation department. He focuses his practice in the areas of insurance bad faith, construction litigation, insurance coverage, products liability defense, personal injury defense, equine litigation, business litigation and admiralty law. He has experience at all stages of litigation, including pre-litigation dispute resolution, arbitration, pretrial discovery, trial and appeal. He devotes a substantial amount of his time to defending insurers, contractors, and corporate defendants. Justin currently represents numerous national insurers, construction companies and other local, regional and national companies.
Justin has successfully handled hundreds of matters and prides himself on an aggressive, results-oriented approach dictated by his clients' specific goals. Justin has assisted defense clients in obtaining dismissal in pretrial stages and has also negotiated many favorable settlements, participated in numerous depositions, mediations and hearings and has helped obtain favorable verdicts for clients. Representing local, regional, national and international clients, Justin has practiced before courts throughout Kentucky and in numerous federal courts throughout the country. He has also given professional education presentations to attorneys on the issues of insurance bad faith and legal ethics issues.
In 2015, Justin was elected Vice Chair of the Louisville Bar Association's Litigation Sections. In 2016, Justin was elected Vice Chair of the Kentucky Bar Association's Civil Litigation Section.
Justin graduated cum laude from the University of Louisville School of Law where he was elected president of his class and was a member of the Brandeis Law Journal. He was also twice elected by his peers to serve as one of five members of the University of Louisville Law School Honor Council, which decided claims of student honor code violations. Justin obtained an academic scholarship and received awards for achieving the highest grade in Criminal Law and Evidence. Upon graduation, Justin was the only student in his class to be awarded the International Academy of Trial Lawyers Student Advocacy Award, which is given annually to the student who has distinguished himself in the field of trial advocacy.
Highlights & Recognitions
- Kentucky Bar Association Civil Litigation Section Vice Chair
- Louisville Bar Association Litigation Section Chair
- Louisville Magazine 2013 "Top Lawyer " – Personal Injury Defense, 2013 & 2014
- Kentucky Rising Stars®, 2015-2016
- Frost Brown Todd Mentor of the Year, 2012
- University of Louisville Brandeis School of Law Alumni Council Secretary, 2016
- Brandeis Honor Society
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers Student Advocacy Award
- Leon Siedman Memorial Award for demonstrating honesty, integrity and a commitment to community service
- Mentor - Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, 2014-2015
- Louisville Bar Association Leadership Academy, Class of 2014-15
- Domestic Violence Advocacy Program Pro Bono Volunteer
Recent Blog Posts
- 31 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized by Kentucky Super Lawyers and 14 Recognized by Kentucky Rising Stars for 2017
- Justin Fowles of Frost Brown Todd Elected 2016 Vice-Chair of Louisville Bar Association’s Litigation Section
- 51 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized by Kentucky Super Lawyers® and 18 Recognized by Kentucky Rising Stars® for 2016
- 50 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized by Kentucky Super Lawyers® and 20 Recognized by Kentucky Rising Stars® for 2015
- 31 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized as Top Lawyers in Louisville Magazine
Non-FBT Publications and Events
Plaintiffs' Interests Prepare to Fight Supreme Court Rulings that Heightened Pleading Standard; Defense Attorneys Armed with Weapon to Combat Frivolous Complaints (DRI Commercial Litigation Publication, the Business Suit, December 2009)
Supreme Court Ruling Confirms Heightened Pleading Standard (FrostBrownTodd.com, July, 2009)