Kelly W. Schulz
Having spent almost eight years in-house at Toyota Motor Engineering and Manufacturing North America, Inc., Kelly understands the importance of legal issues not getting in the way of a client's business objectives.
Manufacturing companies looking to have an experienced business lawyer who has sat in their shoes call Kelly. With over 16 years guiding manufacturing clients, Kelly focuses in supply chain management, terms and conditions, warranty claims, supply agreements, distressed supplier workouts and mergers and acquisitions. In other words, clients are able to focus on their businesses and not on legal complexities. As a member in the Louisville office of Frost Brown Todd, Kelly's reach transcends Kentucky as she has been involved in matters throughout the Midwest, including Michigan.
Led a team in developing strategy and implementation plan for rolling out revised terms and conditions, including drafting the terms and conditions and negotiating directly with suppliers.
Co-led a manufacturing team that was responsible for creating and implementing a proactive approach that enabled the client to monitor the financial stability of its supply base and manage distressed suppliers without interrupting production.
Represented numerous manufacturing clients as lead counsel in handling various supply chain issues, including contract disputes, tooling disputes, directed supply, force majeure issues and warranty matters ranging in value from $5M to $1B.
Lead outside counsel in drafting and negotiating various supply agreements, including purchase order terms and conditions, confidentiality agreements, letters of intent, sourcing agreements and tooling agreements for large manufacturers.
Represented clients in restructuring activity for more than 20 suppliers, which included bankruptcy, distressed supplier workouts, wind-down and related sale activity.
Highlights & Recognitions
- Selected for inclusion in Kentucky Rising Stars® 2013-2015
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Bar Association, Bankruptcy Section
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Louisville Bar Association
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- St. Albert the Great School Board - Chair (2012-2014) Vice Chair (2011-2012); Member at Large (2010-2011)
- Boy Scouts of America - Den Leader (2009-present)
- St. Albert the Great, Children's Liturgy Leader (2009-present)
- Junior Achievement, Classroom Volunteer (2009-present)
- St. Albert the Great, Lecturer (2010-present)
- Girl Scouts of Kentuckiana - Troop Leader (2011-present)
- Young Professional Association of Louisville (YPAL) - Secretary (2010-2011)
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Executive Leadership Committee (2010-2011)
- Focus Louisville, Class of 2010 (Leadership Louisville Center)