Mary U. Irozuru
Mary provides a broad range of legal counsel on corporate and transactional matters, including stock and asset acquisitions, private offerings, reorganizations, limited liability and limited partnership arrangements. She represents clients across many industries, including the aviation, health care, manufacturing, technology and financial services industries.
Prior to joining the firm Mary was an associate in the Dallas office of Winstead PC.
Select General Corporate Experience
- Represented an international airline in the negotiation of lounge access agreements with airlines all over the world, including Japan Airlines, British Airways, and Qatar Airways.
- Represented a provider of contract rotary drilling services and affiliated companies in connection with an internal reorganization following its release from court-ordered receivership.
- Represented an international airline in connection with a $35 million B757 aircraft retrofit equipment purchase program.
- Represented a Taiwanese manufacturer of industrial fasteners in the negotiation of a distribution agreement in connection with cross-border distribution into Mexico.
- Represented a provider of water treatment solutions to the HVAC, industrial and construction industries in the negotiation of a services agreement for the provision of nationwide water treatment services.
- Advised a technology company providing electronic payment solutions and other data delivery systems in connection with its compliance with the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA).
- Advised an international manufacturer of industrial products and services to the energy, transportation, chemical, and construction industries in connection with the firm registration and the engineer licensure requirements under the rules promulgated by the Texas Board of Professional Engineers.
Select Mergers & Acquisitions Experience
- Represented a provider of aviation repair services in connection with the sale of its assets to a private equity firm in exchange for a cumulative purchase price of approximately $38 million.
- Represented the sole shareholder of a telecommunications company in connection with the sale of its subsidiary operating company to a private equity firm in exchange for the aggregate purchase price of $17.888 million, which consisted of $4 million in equity and $13.888 million in cash.
- Represented a Verizon wireless retailer in connection with the sale of 37 retailer locations in exchange for the aggregate purchase price of approximately $14.6 million.
- Represented a national healthcare staffing company with the $100 million sale of its subsidiary operating units to a Japanese general trading company.
- Represented a technology company in the purchase of the intellectual property and certain other assets of a software company in exchange for the aggregate purchase price of $12 million, which consisted of $7 million in cash and $5 million in preferred stock.
- Represented a multi-national medical billing company in the purchase of the assets of three affiliated medical billing companies in exchange for $4 million in cash, the assumption of a portion of the equity holders’ transactional tax liability, and the issuance of stock up to an aggregate value of $2 million.
- Represented a technology company in the purchase of a software company’s proprietary cloud-based file management application and other intellectual property in exchange for stock valued at $2.5 million.
Select Private Investment Fund and Securities Experience
- Advised a California-based hedge fund with over $140 million assets under management on various regulatory and transactional matters in connection with its re-domestication to Texas and the registration of its investment adviser with the SEC.
- Represented a Texas-based exempt reporting advisor with a series of seed capital investments in early-stage companies in the pharmaceutical and consumer packaged goods industries.
- Advised multiple Texas-based hedge funds in connection with the formation of master/feeder hedge fund structures and private securities offerings.
Highlights & Recognitions
- Selected for inclusion in Texas Rising Stars, 2014-2016
- 2013 Lawyers of Color "Hot List"
- DAYL Foundation Fellow