Michele Lorbieski Anderson
Michele focuses her practice in business litigation and white-collar criminal defense. Michele has tried and defended complex business disputes involving fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, contract interpretation, environmental damage, tortious interference, and trade secrets in state and federal courts, and arbitration proceedings.
As a member of the white-collar crime section, Michele has represented defendants before the Disciplinary Commission, Ethics Commission, Medical Licensing Board, state and federal courts. Michele also has experience with internal investigations.
- Obtained a $600,000 judgment on a breach of contract claim following a five-day jury trial for a client in the geospatial mapping industry. Then received summary judgment on the same breach of contract claim against a related entity under an alter ego theory.
- Obtained a permanent injunction against the former employee of a manufacturing client on a trade secret claim involving sensitive proprietary information.
- Obtained a $1.9 million judgment on claims for breach of contract, tortious interference with contract, and unfair competition for a financial services client against a competitor founded by the client’s former executive.
- Obtained a favorable settlement for a manufacturing client in an environmental case following five-day bench trial.
- Defended an energy client against plaintiffs seeking over $17 million in damages for environmental and breach of contract claims, plus punitive damages. After a five-day jury trial, plaintiffs’ damages were limited to $269,000.
Highlights & Recognitions
- Community Service Award, Indiana State Bar Association, 2016
- Up & Coming Lawyer, Indiana Lawyer Leadership in Law Awards, 2016
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Diversity Job Fair, Chair, 2016
- Indiana State Bar Association Leadership Development Academy, Class V
- Indianapolis Bar Association Bar Leader Series, Class VIII
- Selected for inclusion in Indiana Super Lawyers Rising Stars®, 2012–2016
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Bar Association, 2006-present
- Central Indiana Women’s Business Center Advisory Council, 2016
- Defense Research Institute, 2013-present
- Indianapolis Bar Association, 2010-present
- Indiana State Bar Association, 2010-present
- Sagamore Inn of Court, 2015
- Women's White Collar Defense Association, 2015-present
Recent Blog Posts
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Is Now Accepting Mortgage Related Consumer Complaints
- Attorney Fee Claims In Foreclosure Actions
- Discovery OF SARS
- Indiana Court of Appeals: Arbitration Provisions In Loan Agreements Are Enforceable After Discharge In Bankruptcy
- Indiana Courts Implement An Opt-Out Procedure To Increase The Number Of Settlement Conferences In Foreclosure Proceedings
- Indiana Court Of Appeals Rules Oral Release Of Mortgage Unenforceable, But Leaves The Door Open For Potential Enforcement Of Oral Releases Under Doctrine Of Promissory Estoppel
- Attorneys, Judges recognized at Indiana State Bar Association Awards Luncheon
- 23 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized by Indiana Super Lawyers®
- 26 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in Indiana Super Lawyers® and Four Recognized in Indiana Rising Stars® for 2015
- Frost Brown Todd names Michele Lorbieski Anderson new member in Indianapolis
- 27 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Named to Indiana Super Lawyers®; 7 Attorneys Named to Rising Stars®
- 23 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Named to Indiana Super Lawyers®; 11 Attorneys Named to Rising Stars®
- 23 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized by Indiana Super Lawyers® and 12 Recognized by Indiana Rising Stars® for 2012
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- Kids' Voice of Indiana, Guardian Ad Litem, 2016
- Child Advocates, Court Appointed Special Advocate, 2014-2015
- Indianapolis Humane Society, Legal Ambassador, 2014
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, Mentor, 2013-2015
- Riley Cheer Guild, Inc., Board Member, 2012-2015
- School on Wheels, Tutor, 2014
- Starfish Initiative, Mentor, 2009-present, Board Member, 2014-present
- United Way, Emerging Leader, 2016
Non-FBT Publications and Events
Presenter: Rules of Evidence for Commercial Litigators, Clear Law Institute, October 2016
Presenter: How to Get Your Social Media, Email and Text Evidence Admitted (and Keep Theirs Out), National Business Institute, October 2016
Presenter: Admission of Social Media Evidence, DRI Annual Meeting, October 2016
Presenter: Effective Case Management, Clear Law Institute, September 2016
Presenter: Litigating Closely Held Business Disputes: Breach of Fiduciary Duty, Breach of Contract and Shareholder Oppression, Stafford Publications, May 2014 and August 2015
Author: “Getting Social Media Into Evidence,” ABA Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Trial Techniques Committee News, Fall 2015
Presenter: Litigating Closely Held Business Disputes: a Step-by-Step Guide, Clear Law Institute, October 2015
Author: “Getting Social Media Into Evidence,” DRI Trials and Tribulations, December 2015
Quoted: "Ruling clarifies, broadens admissibility of social media content as evidence," The Indiana Lawyer, May 2015
Author: "Getting Social Media Into Evidence," Indiana Law Review Blog, August 2014
Contributor: "Search Terms: The use of trademarked terms by Web search pages has challenged traditional boundaries of trademark protection,"
Los Angeles Lawyer, November 2005