Paige L. Ellerman
In every great commercial litigator, there is a heart that beats to the rhythm of business. That understands on a visceral level the structural, regulatory and contractual challenges of getting and staying profitable. That can empathize and accept the problems of a business as her own problems to solve. That can see and steady the business through complicated or unprecedented hardships and help them emerge better and stronger than they entered.
Paige Ellerman is that kind of litigator. She has significant trial, transactional, and advisory experience representing public and private companies and institutions (including private equity sponsored companies) in a wide variety of industries (including energy, retail, manufacturing, food and beverage, commercial real estate, construction, intellectual property and health care). Paige has appeared in federal and state courts across the country. She is uniquely positioned to provide her clients with creative, efficient and effective approaches to addressing their business and individual challenges and achieving their goals.
Paige regularly practices in federal and state courts and represents clients across the country. Paige has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America©, was repeatedly named to Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars and has been selected as a Cincy Leading Lawyer for 2015 and 2016.
- counsel in complex commercial litigation matters on behalf of nationally recognized institutions and businesses involving a broad range of disputes, including contract, fraud, lender liability, M&A and corporate control, shareholder and bankruptcy issues
- advisor to business owners, boards of directors and "c-level" employees in risk prevention and effective corporate governance
- advisor to lenders in collateral risk situations
- counsel in investigating, pursuing and defending boards of directors and officers in breach of fiduciary duty disputes
- counsel to nationally recognized institutions and businesses in financial distress and insolvency matters
- counsel to chapter 11 debtors and committees
Current Professional and Community Engagement
- United Way of Greater Cincinnati: Women's of Tocqueville (WoT) Executive Committee, 2015-present; Impact Committee Co-Chair, 2015-present
- ArtsWave: Women's Leadership Roundtable Steering Committee, 2016-present
- Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber: Leadership Alumni Board, 2015-present
- Make It Possible Parks Revitalization: Co-Founder of committee to renovate two Covington, Kentucky parks, 2016-present
- Prosperity for All, a pilot project to addresses barriers of the subsidy dependent population to accomplish workforce readiness: Co-Chair and Advisory Board, 2014-present
- Cincinnati Bar Association Board of Trustees: re-elected Board Member, 2015-present
- Newport Penguins Swim and Dive Team, a competitive swim and dive program that also provides free swim lessons in an urban suburb of Cincinnati, the Newport Penguins: Co-Founder, Board Member and Northern Kentucky Swim League Delegate, 2011-present
- Northern Kentucky LiveWell: Physical Activity Committee, 2016-present
- Greater Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Network of the International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC), a global organization focused on the connection, promotion and success of women in the insolvency and restructuring professions: Founder and President, 2009-present
- IWIRC International Board of Directors: Board Member, 2014-2016
- American Board of Certification Board of Directors: Board Member, 2013-present
Highlights & Recognitions
- Cincy Leading Lawyer, 2015, 2016
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 2013–2017
- Leadership Action, a program of the Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber, Class 1, 2014
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2005–2007, 2009–2014
- Cincinnati Business Courier Forty Under 40, 2011
- Leadership Action, a program of the Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber, Class 1, 2015
- WE Lead, a program of the Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber, Class 5, 2011
- Beechwood High School Athletic Hall of Fame, Fort Mitchell, Kentucky, Inducted in 2010
- The Yearlings, Inc., a Northern Kentucky Women's Charitable Organization, Inducted as an Honorary Life Member, 2009
- Outstanding Recent Graduate Award, Northern Kentucky University Salmon P. Chase College of Law Alumni Association, 2008
- Northern Kentucky High School Athletic Association Hall of Fame, Inducted in 2007
- Leadership Northern Kentucky, a program of the Northern Kentucky Chamber of Commerce, 2005
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Board of Certification of Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights Attorneys, Member, National Board of Directors, 2013–present
- Cincinnati Bar Association, former Chair, Young Lawyers' Section (YLS); former member, CLE Advisory Committee; former member, Executive Board; former member, Board of Trustees
- Cincinnati Bar Foundation, former member, Grants Committee; former member, Board of Trustees
- Federal Bar Association, National Parliamentarian, 2011
- Federal Bar Association, John W. Peck Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Chapter, former president; member, Board of Trustees
- International Women's Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC), Greater Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Network, founder and president, 2009–present
- IWIRC, At-Large Member, International Board of Directors, 2014–present
- Northern Kentucky University Salmon P. Chase College of Law Alumni Association, former president, Board of Governors
- Tri-State Association of Corporate Renewal, former member, Board of Trustees
- 168 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2017
- 175 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2016
- 175 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2015
- 42 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers®
- 172 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2014 Best Lawyers®
- 43 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers® and 17 Recognized by Ohio Rising Stars® for 2013
- 167 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2013 Best Lawyers®
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- New Perceptions, Inc., Our Children Achieve, fundraiser chairman, 2015
- Newport Penguins, co-founder and board member, 2011–present
- Northern Kentucky Swim League, board member, 2012–present
- Kappa Alpha Theta Fraternity for Women, Inc., former Grand Council member, former Fraternity Housing Corporation board member, former College District President, former Alumnae District President, former Advisory Board Chairman, former Educational leadership Consultant
- Madcap, Inc., former Vice-president; former member, Board of Trustees
- St. Elizabeth Healthcare Foundation, former member; former Chairman, Benefactor Drive
- The Yearlings, Inc., a Northern Kentucky Women’s Charitable Organization, former president
Non-FBT Publications and Events
"Strategies for Successfully Using Technology and Evidence in the Courtroom", Panel Participant, American Bankruptcy Institute Spring Conference, Washington D.C., April 18, 2015.
"Real Estate Issues in Bankruptcy", Panel Participant, American Bankruptcy Institute Rocky Mountain Conference, Denver, Colorado, January 22 and 23, 2015.
"Limited Liability Companies in Bankruptcy", Panel Participant, Midwest Regional Bankruptcy Seminar, Cincinnati, Ohio, August 22, 2014.
"Strategies in Real Estate Workouts: Single-Asset Real Estate Issues, Section 1111(b) Elections and Valuation Issues", Panel Participant, National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges, Atlanta, Georgia, November 1, 2013.
"Overview of Executory Contracts and Post-Petition Pre-Rejection/Assumption Treatment of Executory Contracts Under 11 U.S.C. § 365", Panel Participant, American Bankruptcy Institute Central States Conference, Traverse City, Michigan, June 14-15, 2013.
“Advising Business Clients in a Difficult Economy,” Lorman Education Services, Insolvency and Bankruptcy Matters: Business Pointers and Legal Strategies, Cincinnati, OH, March 11, 2010.
Business Strategies for Surviving the Credit Crisis, Northern Kentucky Chamber, April 30, 2009.