Rachael High Chamberlain
Rachael is an associate in the Lexington office and practices in the area of tax law with an emphasis on state and local taxation. She has experience in the areas of property tax, sales and use tax, and income tax. Rachael has also assisted with the formation of several nonprofit entities. Rachael also assists clients with general business transactions.
Rachael is a lifelong Kentucky native and graduate of the University of Kentucky College of Law, where she participated in the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program, was on the editorial staff of the Kentucky Law Journal, and was a member of the Moot Court Board, serving on the competitive team and as treasurer. She currently serves as Vice-Chair of the Taxation Section of the Kentucky Bar Association.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Vice-Chair, Kentucky Bar Association Taxation Section, 2016-2017
- Treasurer, Kentucky Bar Association Taxation Section, 2015-2016
- University of Kentucky, Kentucky Law Journal
- University of Kentucky, Moot Court Board, National Team Member and Treasurer/Secretary
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- Transylvania University 100 Doors to Success Mentorship Program, Mentor, September 2014-present
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program, Tax Preparer, 2014
Non-FBT Publications and Events
Co-author, Sales and Use Taxes: Kentucky, Practical Law (Thompson Reuters), 2016
Presenter, “Tax 101: Tax Law for Non-Tax Attorneys,” 2016 Kentucky Law Update, Covington, Lexington, London, and Prestonsburg, Kentucky (Fall-Winter 2015)
Presenter, “Tax 101: Tax Law for Non-Tax Attorneys,” 2015 Kentucky Law Update, Ashland, Bowling Green, Lexington, London, and Paducah, Kentucky (Fall-Winter 2015)