Raymond D. Neusch
Raymond is a member of Frost Brown Todd LLC and practices in the labor and employment area. He counsels clients on a wide variety of labor and employment matters with particular emphasis on dealing with unions and assisting employers in maintaining their union-free status. He has represented employers in manufacturing, telecommunications, construction, healthcare, and service industries in defending union organizational efforts, in collective bargaining, and in labor arbitration. He defends clients before various federal and state agencies, in particular the National Labor Relations Board. In addition, he has litigated employment discrimination matters, wage and hour class actions, and prevailing wage claims in both federal and state courts.
Successful defense of union organizing efforts in large telecommunications units, health care organizations, school bus operations, and manufacturing facilities
Successful defense of NLRB injunction proceedings
Settlement of numerous NLRB complaints and federal and state court discrimination and wage and hour class action lawsuits
Negotiation of several collective bargaining agreements without work stoppages
Nine years as a trial attorney with the National Labor Relations Board
Highlights & Recognitions
- AV® Rated, Martindale-Hubbell®
- Selected for inclusion in Ohio Super Lawyers® 2007-2015
- The Best Lawyers in America®, 2012-2015
Memberships & Affiliations
- Cincinnati Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
- Ohio State Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section Law
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section; Committee on the Development of the Law under the National Labor Relations Act
- Department of Labor Proposes New Requirement That Workers Earn At Least $50,440 Per Year To Qualify For White Collar Exemptions
- Will Your Handbook Rules Pass the NLRB’s Test?
- NLRB Issues New Quick Election Rules
- Employees Now May Organize On Company Email
- NLRB Gives Retail Store Bargaining Units a Makeover
- Confidential information is confidential - well, maybe not
- NLRB Resurrects its Ambush Election Rules
- FMLA Coverage for Certain Same-Sex Spouses
- Supreme Court Helps Employers Combat FLSA Collective Actions
- Federal Court Upholds the NLRB Notice Requirement
- NLRB Again Postpones Due Date for Unionization Rights Poster. Due Date is Now April 30, 2012.
- NLRB Postpones Due Date For Unionization Rights Poster Until January 31, 2012
- NLRB Requires Posting of Unionization Rights
- Changes in Ohio's Prevailing Wage Law
- New Pro Union Regulations Announced
- The Supreme Retailer Challenges the Supreme Class in the Supreme Court
- Supreme Court Rules the FLSA Prohibits Retaliation Against Employees who Make Oral Complaints
- Staying Union-Free in 2011
- The Ohio Military Family Leave Act
- U.S. Supreme Court Rules Two-Member NLRB Acted Illegally
- Public Funding Does Not Necessarily Trigger Application of Ohio Prevailing Wage Law
- When Reducing Force, Remember Your Duty to WARN
- NLRB Decision Clarifies the Definition of Supervisor
- 37 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers® for 2015
- 175 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers In America® 2015
- 42 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers®
- 172 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2014 Best Lawyers®
- 43 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers® and 17 Recognized by Ohio Rising Stars® for 2013
- 167 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2013 Best Lawyers®
- 44 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers® and 15 Recognized by Ohio Rising Stars® for 2012
- 150 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in Best Lawyers® 2012 Edition
- 41 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers® and 14 Recognized by Ohio Rising Stars® for 2011
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- Japan America Society of Greater Cincinnati, President
- Cathedral Foundation, Advisory Board Member
Non-FBT Publications and Events
“Non-Union Employers Beware – The NLRA Also Applies to You”
Ohio Labor Letter, August 1996
"Current Employment Law Issues"
Ohio State Bar Association Labor and Employment Update, April 1998 - 2005
"Complying with Wage and Hour Laws"
ADP Workplace Blueprints Seminar, November 1997
"Charting the Course: Successfully Navigating Labor Law and Labor Relations" 2004, 2006
"Managing FMLA Leaves," 2006
"Employer Bargaining Objectives"
BNA Advisory Group, 2005
"Enforcement of Ohio's Prevailing Wage Law"
Lorman Education Services, 2008
"Current Developments Under The Fair Labor Standards Act"
Ohio State Bar Association - Midwest Labor and Employment Law Seminar, 2008