Shannah J. Morris
Shannah is a member at Frost Brown Todd. She is a litigator and a primary member of the construction law group. She also practices commercial defense litigation, as well as representing banking institutions specializing in Small Business Association lending as general counsel. She has extensive litigation experience in numerous counties in Ohio at both the trial court and appellate court levels. She has first chair trial, arbitration, and mediation experience for numerous multimillion dollar claims, and has argued successfully before the 6th and 12th District Courts of Appeals.
Since joining FBT, Shannah has successfully represented contractors, sureties, construction managers and design professionals as lead counsel in complex litigation, arbitration and mediation. She has also conducted numerous in-house trainings for clients on risk management and bidding issues, contract disputes, mechanics liens, surety bond matters, and payment disputes.
Shannah has been recognized as a Rising Star by Ohio Super Lawyers® and the YWCA Academy of Career Women of Achievement and the YWCA Board of Directors.
Complex Secured Interest, Real Estate and Construction Issues
Representation of National General Contractor in Recovery of Damages
Highlights & Recognitions
- Selected for inclusion in Ohio Super Lawyers® Rising Stars, 2009, 2012-2014.
- Selected as a YWCA Rising Star by members of the YWCA Academy of Career Women of Achievement and the YWCA Board of Directors in 2012.
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Bar Association (ABA Forum On Construction Industry and Fidelity & Surety Law Committee)
- Ohio Bar Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- National Association Of Women In Construction
- DRI (Forum On Construction)
- Associated Builders & Contractors, Inc.
Recent Blog Posts
- 42 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers®
- Frost Brown Todd Appoints 12 New Members
- 43 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers® and 17 Recognized by Ohio Rising Stars® for 2013
- Shannah Morris Named 2012 YWCA Rising Star
- 44 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers® and 15 Recognized by Ohio Rising Stars® for 2012
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- Cincinnati Bar Association, Co-Chair, 2010 - present
- - Construction Law Group
- ACI, Scholarship Committee, 2013 - present
- ACI, Education Committee, 2011 - present
- Silent Auction Chair for Spirit of Construction Gala, 2011, 2012
- Cincinnati Youth Collaborative, Mentor, 2005 - 2011
- Mock Trial Coach (Sycamore and St. Ursula High Schools), 2005 - 2010
- Cincinnati Ballet, Nutcracker Luncheon Chair, 2006, 2007
Non-FBT Publications and Events
"The Contract Bond Surety's Subrogation Rights" (2013)
Allied Construction Industries/FBT Presentations, How To Get Paid/Construction, Winter 2007
Design-Build Delivery Systems – Are They Right For You?
Ohio Construction And Code Journal, Sept./Oct. 2006
"The “Attorneys’ Eyes Only” Designation and Other Disclosure Restrictions In Trade Secrets Litigation”, May 2006
Owners Can’t Waive Liability For Their Own Acts Through No-Damages-For-Delay- Provisions – Cleveland Construction, Inc. v. Ohio Public Employers Retirement System, April 2008
Florida District Court Reaffirms First Amendment Rights With Regard To Prior Restraint – Post-Newsweek Stations Orlando, Inc. v. Guetzloe, November 2007
Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court Affirms Defamation Claims Against The Boston Herald and Reporter, David Wedge – Murphy v. Boston Herald, Inc., et al., May 2007
Dismissal Of Dentist’s Defamation Lawsuit Against I-Team Upheld On Appeal – Fuchs v. ScrippsHoward Broadcasting co. d/b/a WCPO-TV, January 2007