Stephanie K. Gause
Stephanie counsels clients in a variety of real estate and corporate transactions, including the acquisition and sale of real property; office, industrial and retail leasing matters; asset purchase and sale agreements; commercial lending and real estate finance matters; construction contracts; corporate formation documents; and general commercial contracts. Her clients include multinational companies; purchasers and sellers of office, shopping center, apartment and land development projects; landlords and tenants; borrowers and lenders in connection with loans secured by real property and related foreclosures; and high net worth individuals.
Stephanie started her practice in the real estate section of Baker Botts in Dallas where she worked on complex domestic and international commercial real estate matters for multinational companies, including the acquisition and sale of commercial office buildings, retail shopping centers, industrial sites and unimproved land.
- Advise a real estate investment company on its acquisition and sale of properties, development matters, construction contracts, and office, retail and ground leasing matters.
- Represent the largest independent provider of health technology solutions in various real estate transactions including disposition of property and office leasing matters.
- Counsel an international manufacturer and wholesale distributor in multi-state business asset acquisitions.
- Negotiated a ground lease on behalf of the landlord with a multi-family developer tenant in University Park.
- Represented a national movie theater chain in opening locations across the United States, assisting with leasing, permitting, licensing, environmental, and other due diligence matters, and advising the company on ongoing compliance matters with respect to its credit facility.
- Represented multiple joint ventures in their acquisition and sale of retail shopping centers.
- Represented several tenants in negotiating their corporate headquarters' lease.
- Represented seller in the sale of a multi-city rehabilitation business.
- Assisted a technology company in its purchase of a publicly traded software business and negotiated the related senior and mezzanine financing documents.
- Represented a multinational bank subsidiary in purchase of subprime loan portfolios valued at over $1 billion.
Highlights & Recognitions
- “40 Under 40,” Dallas Business Journal, 2014
- Selected for inclusion in Texas Super Lawyers “Rising Stars,” 2013-2016
- “Best Lawyers in Dallas 2014,” D Magazine
- Named as one of the "Members of the Year”, Lee Park & Arlington Hall Junior Conservancy, 2013
- Outstanding Director Award, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, 2011
Memberships & Affiliations
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Dallas Bar Association; Real Estate Section, Real Estate Discussion Group; Mergers and Acquisitions Section
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers (DAYL); President 2016; President Elect, 2015; Vice President, 2014; Treasurer, 2013; Secretary, 2012; Board of Directors, 2011
- DAYL Foundation, Board of Trustees; Chair, 2014; Secretary and Treasurer, 2013; Trustee 2012, 2015, 2016
- Frost Brown Todd’s Stephanie Gause and Mary Irozuru Recognized in 2017 Edition of Texas Rising Stars
- Stephanie Gause Honored by the Texas Bar Foundation
- Frost Brown Todd’s Stephanie Gause Recognized in 2016 Edition of Texas Rising Stars
- Stephanie Gause Named President of the Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Frost Brown Todd Gains Ground in Dallas
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- Dallas Business Journal, “40 Under 40” Alumni Steering Committee, 2015
- Lee Park & Arlington Hall Conservancy, Board of Directors, 2012-2015
- Dallas Museum of Art, Junior Associates; Steering Committee, 2012-2015; Affair of the Art Committee, 2010-2011; Membership Committee, 2008-2009
- Junior League of Dallas
Non-FBT Publications and Events
“Navigating a Loan Transaction: Practical Tips for Entrepreneurs from a Legal Perspective,” presented to MBA Entrepreneur Law Class at SMU, Barbara Kinkaid, 2015
“What Every Young Lawyer Should Know About M&A Due Diligence,” DAYL (oral and written presentation), 2013
“Negotiating the Commercial Lease,” Lorman Seminar (oral and written presentation), 2012