A. Thomas Sturgeon III
Tommy practices business litigation in the Louisville office. He received his undergraduate degree in Business Administration from Belmont University, and later his Juris Doctor from the University of Louisville, Louis D. Brandeis School of Law, where he graduated as valedictorian with summa cum laude honors.
While at the University of Louisville, Tommy served as Editor in Chief of the University of Louisville Law Review, interned for Judge Danny Boggs of the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, and was inducted into the Brandeis Honor Society.
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
Recent Blog Posts
- FEDERAL COURT CLOSES THE DOOR ON HOME-LOAN BORROWERS’ CLASS ACTION AGAINST MORGAN STANLEY
- Supreme Court Denies Review of “The Largest [Class] Ever Certified”
- A Divided Supreme Court Navigates CAFA To Hold That Amount-In-Controversy Evidence Need Not Be Submitted With A Defendant’s Notice Of Removal, And That There Is No “Presumption” Against Removal
- Seventh Circuit Unplugs RadioShack Class-Action Settlement
- Liability bifurcated from individuals’ damages: RESPA case proceeds as class action
- 7th Circuit Holds That “Commonality of Damages” Is Not Required For Class Certification
- Federal District Court Issues Procedural Guidance for Class Action Settlements
- Supreme Court To Decide Public Employees’ Retirement System of Mississippi v. IndyMac MBS, Inc. et al.
- The Seventh Circuit’s Knowles Reminder: A Putative Class Representative Cannot Plead Less Damages to Defeat CAFA Removal
- Newly Enacted Legislation Prohibits Certain Amendments to Mortgages
Non-FBT Publications and Events
Insurance Bad Faith - Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio and Tennessee
DRI Insurance Bad Faith: A Compendium of State Law, December 2010