Van P. East, III
Van serves clients on matters involving closely-held business entities, including formations, conversions, mergers, acquisitions and dispositions, as well as restructuring ownership and control. He has represented clients in purchasing and selling a variety of businesses, including home-building, real estate development, manufacturing, and restaurant entities. Van routinely organizes limited liability companies, corporations and partnerships for a variety of business purposes, including preparation of buy-sell, employment, and non-competition agreements.
Van’s practice also includes extensive work in commercial real estate. He represents clients in purchasing, financing, leasing and selling commercial properties, from shopping centers and office buildings to restaurants and vacant land.
Van is a fellow of the Nashville Bar Foundation and current member of the executive council of the Business Law section of the Tennessee Bar Association. In his role with the TBA, Van participated in drafting the Tennessee Revised Limited Liability Company Act, as well as other legislation involving Tennessee’s business entity statutes.
Prior to joining the firm, Van was a member with the Nashville law firm of White & Reasor. He is a native of Mississippi and a Nashville-area resident for more than 30 years.
Highlights & Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America©, Corporate Law, 2012-2017
- AV® Rated, Martindale-Hubbell ®
Memberships & Affiliations
- Nashville Bar Association, Past President of Young Lawyers Division
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Tennessee Bar Association, Business Law Section, Executive Council, Former Chair
- 168 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2017
- 175 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2016
- 175 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2015
- 172 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2014 Best Lawyers®
- Van P. East, III Joins Frost Brown Todd’s Nashville Office