Extended Warranty/Service Contract Programs
The regulatory and business aspects of extended warranty management are as important today as they have ever been. In this challenging environment, companies need knowledgeable and practical advice concerning all facets of their extended warranty programs, including program structure, contract terms and conditions, marketing methods, and regulatory licensing, solvency, and disclosure requirements. Our Insurance Regulation team is nationally recognized for its experience and comprehensive knowledge regarding extended warranty program compliance for providers of consumer products, automobiles and homes.
Our attorneys have provided advice and representation to third party providers/administrators of extended warranty plans and Fortune 500/1000 companies as diverse as entertainment product manufacturers, appliance manufacturers, HVAC manufacturers, recreational product retailers, eyeglass retailers, and computer manufacturers and retailers, regarding the various legal issues attendant to offering an extended warranty program.
Our Extended Warranty services include:
- Extended warranty program structure, design and implementation
- 50-State licensing, solvency, consumer disclosure, filing and other regulatory requirements
- 50-State knowledge base concerning treatment of ancillary products such as Guaranteed Asset Protection products, accidental damage from handling, tire and wheel programs, and more
- Program review and advice for providers, administrators and manufacturers/retailers
- Preparation, review and analysis of administrative service agreements, assumption agreements, seller agreements, and contractual liability insurance policies
- Due diligence for prospective investors of extended warranty and ancillary product providers