Aviation attorneys at Frost Brown Todd are engaged in the aviation industry on a daily basis and understand the complex needs of those within the industry. The industry is confronted by a complex web of local, national and international laws and regulations, and by a myriad of issues arising in relation to proprietary rights and interests, debtor/creditor disputes, taxes, third party claims and insurance, commercial and other matters.
Navigating the industry requires the precision of a dedicated team to access the breadth of knowledge that only a large firm can provide. We believe the most effective aviation lawyers possess a broad understanding of the legal complexity and the issues to provide clients with comprehensive guidance.
The FBT Aviation Law Group utilizes a wealth of knowledge and experience to enable our team to “connect the dots” and provide clients with the guidance they require, including experience gained from roles as in-house counsel to major international aviation OEMs and financing organizations.
Who we advise:
Frost Brown Todd represents clients in both commercial and business aviation and handles a full range of matters, including transactions, litigation, and regulatory compliance.
The aviation industry includes OEMs, commercial and private operators, financing parties, lessors, MROs, insurers, industry associations, regulators, brokers, a mixture of other service providers, and participants in secondary markets for airframes, engines and parts.
How we work:
FBT is a large regional firm and the aviation practice group has demonstrated expertise with international reach.
Smart pricing and organizational structure allows us to distribute necessary experience and costs for the best course of action. In this way, we’re able to provide effective service at a reflecting cost.
The Aviation Law Group at Frost Brown Todd provides in-depth advice on a wide range of U.S. and cross-border transactions affecting aircraft, aircraft engines, parts, and related assets, including:
- Aircraft and engine leasing, including cross-border and leveraged leases
- Secured financing
- Parts supplier agreements
- Litigation arising from incidents and accidents
- Airline and supplier bankruptcies and workouts
- Spare parts transactions and facilities
- Aircraft and engine sales
- Consignment arrangements
- Mechanics lien issues
- Aircraft maintenance agreements
- Engine maintenance agreements and programs
- Charter agreements
- Government (ECA) and manufacturer-supported finance transactions
- Freighter conversion programs
- FAA regulatory matters
- Represented helicopter engine manufacturer in a wrongful death case at trial court, Indiana Court.
- General Terms Agreements for sourcing of aircraft-related products and services with suppliers worldwide, including airframe and engine overhaul and maintenance services and aircraft equipment (e.g., avionics, in-flight entertainment systems, aircraft seats).
- Purchase of Airbus and Boeing aircraft from Philippine Airlines by three GE entities, including arrangements for teardown of airframes.
- Lender’s counsel on term loan facility to regional airline, secured by aircraft engines and related aviation assets.