Frost Brown Todd Expands IP Expertise with Six New Attorneys
Additional members, associates and staff bring engineering, in-house general counsel, film directing and military pilot experience to Indianapolis office
January 14, 2019 (Indianapolis, IN) – Four new members, two associates and a paralegal focusing on intellectual property joined Frost Brown Todd’s (FBT) Indianapolis office at the start of 2019. Members Constance (Connie) Lindman, Dennis Schell, Eric Lamb, Douglas (Doug) G. Gallagher, Associates Matthew Clark and Kevin Oschman, and paralegal Angela Jackson will team up with more than 50 IP law and litigation attorneys, patent agents and paralegals working in that area at FBT. They will add to the practice that covers interactive media and internet law, advertising law, IP litigation, patent law, trademark and copyright law, computer systems and software development, aerospace, entertainment and social media. All six attorneys earned their law degrees from Indiana University. For more information, visit Frost Brown Todd’s website.
“We are extremely pleased to add this very capable team to our solid base of IP attorneys,” says Indianapolis Member-in-Charge Heather Wilson. “We are excited about the opportunities our platform will provide to them and their clients.”
- Connie Lindman focuses on advising clients in the software and cloud service industries across the world in addition to counseling on a diverse range of areas, including technology, marketing, distribution and employment and consulting contracts. She previously served as in-house counsel for two publishing companies, including as Vice President of Business Affairs overseeing two business units as well as the company’s legal work before going into private practice. She uses her 30 years of experience to teach the future generation of attorneys as an adjunct professor at the Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law.
- Dennis Schell combines his former careers as a control systems engineer, fighter aviator and electronic warfare specialist for the U.S. Air Force to provide unparalleled legal expertise in aerospace and patent law. For 18 years he’s worked to obtain, enforce, and defend against intellectual property rights and regulatory compliance issues in the manufacturing, aerospace, transportation, electronics and software industries. Those in the aviation industry rely on Schell to assist with aircraft transactions and defend against Federal Aviation Administration enforcement actions. He remains an active pilot volunteering for the Commemorative Air Force.
- Eric Lamb develops individualized strategies for building and managing client’s intellectual property portfolios. Eric handles all aspects of global trademark portfolios, including clearance, prosecution, dispute resolution, cease and desist, litigation, opposition and cancellation actions. He serves U.S. clients with a global reach by counseling and guiding protection efforts outside the U.S., and he serves as U.S. counsel for companies and law firms located outside the U.S. He also advises on internet and social media legal issues.
- Douglas G. Gallagher is a registered patent attorney focusing on intellectual property law and assisting clients in developing and protecting their intellectual property assets. As part of his practice, Doug guides clients in respecting others’ intellectual property rights, asserting clients’ intellectual property rights, and defending clients when their intellectual property rights are infringed. He has significant experience in a wide variety of industries, including agriculture, aviation, automotive, lighting, medical, manufacturing, telecommunications and sporting equipment. He holds degrees in physics and aerospace engineering and has substantial experience in developing and testing various aircraft upgrades while serving as a developmental test pilot and F-14pilot for the U. S. Navy.
- Matthew J. Clark is a senior associate who regularly works with clients to develop global brand procurement and enforcement strategies. Matthew has significant experience in domestic and international trademark clearance and prosecution work, licensing, enforcement and litigation, both in federal courts and at the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. In addition to advising on trademarks, Clark represents clients in an assortment of transactional matters across a wide variety of industries, including entertainment and sports, clothing and apparel, bed and bath, and food and beverage. He previously worked as a freelance writer and director of short films and stage plays in Los Angeles.
- Kevin Oschman is a licensed patent attorney who regularly assists individuals and companies in the technology industry with patent prosecution and opinions to protect their inventions. He is proficient in electrical and power systems engineering thanks to time spent working as an electrical engineer for one of the largest electric utility companies in the U.S. Oschman is also actively involved in volunteer roles within the Indianapolis community, as he currently serves as the Finance Chair for the Boy Scouts of America STEM Scouts, which delivers fun and exciting opportunities for youth in science, technology, engineering and math.
About Frost Brown Todd
Frost Brown Todd is a full-service law firm serving some of America’s top corporations and emerging companies. With attorneys regularly identified by clients, peers and industry organizations as leaders in their practice areas, the firm advises and protects clients in business transactions and litigation in many industries, including insurance, financial services, manufacturing, real estate, construction, energy and health care. More than 500 attorneys in 12 offices in Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia provide unparalleled service to meet clients’ needs; deliver the insights and solutions available only from a diverse group of professionals; and support the communities in which they operate. To learn more, visit www.frostbrowntodd.com.