Casey Wood Hensley
Casey practices in the Tort & Insurance department of Frost Brown Todd's Louisville office, focusing her practice on products liability litigation. She handles a variety of complex litigation matters concerning products liability (including medical devices, vehicles, tractors, windows, motorcycles, mining equipment, and other industrial equipment), as well as cases involving premises liability, personal injury, privacy of healthcare information, breach of contract, business disputes, and other issues. Casey has tried multiple cases to verdict in state and federal courts. Casey has also served on the appellate team for many appeals and as appellate counsel at trial.
Casey received her undergraduate degree from Transylvania University and attended the University of Louisville, Brandeis School of Law. During law school, Casey served on the Editorial Board of the Brandeis Law Journal, was a published author in the Journal, and received the "Book Award" for Trial Practice.
- Casey v.Texas Roadhouse (October 2016) - Won defense verdict in premises liability case in eastern Kentucky involving plaintiff claiming over $1M in damages for head injury and multiple surgeries.
- Estate of Matthew Lane, et al. v. W.A. Kendall & Co., et al., Owsley Circuit Court, Booneville, Kentucky (October 2015) - Served as trial counsel and obtained a complete defense verdict in favor of a commercial motor carrier in a wrongful death (husband) and catastrophic amputation (wife) lawsuit seeking $70M in damages.
- Smith v. Joy Mining Technologies (October 2014) - Won defense verdict on liability in federal court in London, Kentucky in a products liability case, in which plaintiff was seeking over $27M in damages for below the knee leg amputation. The jury returned a unanimous verdict of no liability on both design defects and failure to warn claims.
- Smith v. PPG Industries, Inc. (June 2015) - Obtained summary judgment under Kentucky's Up-the-Ladder Immunity Doctrine for paint and caulk manufacturer on claim seeking over $2.5M in personal injury damages.
- Call Center Contract Litigation - Won summary judgment in client's favor for over $1M and won a dismissal of plaintiff's $33.5M claim in breach of contract case concerning international call center business.
- Pelvic Mesh Litigation - Manage and litigate numerous cases in MDL Pelvic Mesh litigation.
- Miles Transport v. Volvo - Won dismissal for Volvo in case involving allegations of manufacture and design defects.
- Appellate experience - Appellate counsel at trial and member of appellate team for many cases involving issues such as products liability, personal injury, legal malpractice, and nursing home negligence, including appeal of jury verdict of over $42M against nursing home based on allegations of abuse and neglect of patient.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Louisville Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- DRI Research Institute
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- Doctors and Lawyers for Kids, Volunteer
- Louisville Children's Museum, Board Member