Patrick R. Northam
Patrick is a member of the firm’s Louisville office, practicing in its Business Combinations and Capital Transactions practice group. He is also the Chair of the firm's Energy and Natural Resources Industry Team.
Patrick serves as corporate, transactional and business counsel to numerous industrial, commercial and service businesses, including in connection with merger, divestiture, acquisition, partnership and joint venture transactions, company formations and liquidations, company leadership and governance, project and infrastructure development transactions, intellectual property development and licensing transactions, product and service development, sales and distribution programs, and executive employment and compensation plans.
He has provided extensive services and representations to clients in the following industries: utilities and power generation (including fossil fuel and renewable energy); natural gas production, transportation and distribution; chemicals manufacturing; data analytics; food services; aluminum production; coal mining and marketing; automotive production and sales; steel tank fabrication; medical products and devices; sporting goods; distilled spirits; telecommunications; paints and coatings; engineering and public works; print media; employee benefit and actuarial consulting; real estate brokerage; franchised restaurants and commercial graphics.
He is also a principal legal advisor to national and regional energy services companies with responsibility for numerous mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, power project developments, intellectual property licensing and development transactions, strategic alliances and other corporation and transactional matters.
Patrick previously served for six years as senior in-house counsel to a large national diversified energy services company and its regional electric and gas utility subsidiary.
Highlights & Recognitions
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Corporate Law, Energy Law, Mergers & Acquisitions Law, including Best Lawyers Louisville Corporate "Lawyer of the Year" in 2013
- Chambers USA, Corporate/M&A; Environment, Natural Resources and Utilities: Natural Resources; Environment, Natural Resources and Utilities: Utilities
- Kentucky Super Lawyers®, Business/Corporate Law
- Cambridge Who's Who Among Executives, Professionals and Entrepreneurs, 2008
- Awarded highest ranking (5 Dragons) by Lawdragon Magazine, a national lawyer ranking service
- Selected by Lawdragon Magazine from among all U.S. Lawyers as one of its "500 New Stars, New Worlds," for 2006
- Pleiades Honorary, Alpha Chapter, Indiana University
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Louis Dembitz Brandeis Scholar
- The Best Lawyers in America© 2020 includes 169 Frost Brown Attorneys
- 56 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2019 Chambers USA®
- 163 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2019
- Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2018 Chambers USA®
- 161 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2018
- Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2017 Chambers USA®
- 168 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2017
- Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2016 Chambers USA®
- 175 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2016
- 65 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2015 Chambers USA®
- 175 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2015
- 63 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2014 Chambers USA®
- 172 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2014 Best Lawyers®
- 67 Frost Brown Todd Attorneys Recognized in 2013 Chambers USA®
Civic & Charitable Organizations
- Leadership Kentucky Class of 2004
- Filson Historical Society, Board of Directors